JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Interview With Faithful Sisters—Widows of Governing Body Members

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2620 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Wow, what a wonderful interview.  I especially appreciated Sister Sydlik's remarks about a wife commending her husband.  It is such a typical comedy routine in the media for a worldly wife to hit her husband on the head repeatedly with  his imperfections, but it takes a lot of spiritual discernment for a wife to regularly look for and commend her husband for what he does right.  No wonder Brother Sydlik's talks were so exuberant and positive about simple things like how wonderful Jehovah is.

I really enjoyed this interview. I wonder if those Governing body members were listening from heaven :)

https://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODIntExp/pub-jwb_201701_10_VIDEO

Edited by Shawnster

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

27 minutes ago, mserskine said:

I started this subject in another forum. Maybe the moderators could combine theM

Ok, sorry. I searched the website to see if a topic had already been started but I didn't see one. I don't know how I missed it. Mods please delete.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

I enjoyed meeting Br. Sydlik in '86.

We were both at the Bethel barbershop.  He asked me about my assignment.  I was on the way to Nigeria to work construction. Told him my trade was flooring.

In his booming voice, he said "Well, put a decent floor in that place, will ya" (more or less - it's been 31 years). My feet were not touching the ground when I left that small shop !!!

Still makes me smile when I think about it.

6 hours ago, Doug said:

I enjoyed meeting Br. Sydlik in '86.

We were both at the Bethel barbershop.  He asked me about my assignment.  I was on the way to Nigeria to work construction. Told him my trade was flooring.

In his booming voice, he said "Well, put a decent floor in that place, will ya" (more or less - it's been 31 years). My feet were not touching the ground when I left that small shop !!!

Still makes me smile when I think about it.

Amazing how memorable the moments with these awesome brothers are.

On 1/9/2017 at 3:39 PM, rbrown1205 said:

Wow, what a wonderful interview.  I especially appreciated Sister Sydlik's remarks about a wife commending her husband.  It is such a typical comedy routine in the media for a worldly wife to hit her husband on the head repeatedly with  his imperfections, but it takes a lot of spiritual discernment for a wife to regularly look for and commend her husband for what he does right.  No wonder Brother Sydlik's talks were so exuberant and positive about simple things like how wonderful Jehovah is.

Brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful insight!

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed the interviews. Has anyone figured out which annual meeting this was from?

My guess is from 2000-2005.

Edited by AH173

clarifications

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible