JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jehovah’s Witnesses invite all to attend convention - Philippines

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4584 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Jehovah’s Witnesses invite all to attend convention

Manila Standard Today

Jehovah’s Witnesses will hold three-day convention for 11 consecutive weekends on the theme. “Let God’s Kingdom Come!” starting on Oct. 21 and every week ends thereafter until Jan. 1, 2012.

To be attended by Witnesses from Metro Manila Manila, Bulacan and Rizal, all these conventions will be held at the Assembly Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses at Brgy. Kaligayahan, Quezon City.

Throughout the Philippines, There will be 109 conventions in 74 locations. Worldwide, there are over 7,500,000 Witnesses in more than 107,000 congregations.

The much desired God’s Kingdom government invoked by believers in the Lord’s Prayer, “Let God’s Kingdom Come!” will be the central focus of the conventions.

Witnesses believe that the conventions will bring significant changes to the Earth and mankind. The scheduled programs will unveil a refreshing approach to what people are asking for when they pary, “Let God’s Kingdom Come!”

According to them, this kingdom is a real government that will soon take action in favor of those submitting themselves to it and against those who are not.

In his famous Sermon on the Mount, Jesus Christ taught his followers to pray for God’s Kingdom to come. The convention theme based on Jesus’ words is a declaration that God’s Kingdom is a real government by which God’s purpose for the Earth will be carried out.

The conventions will focus on biblical statements revealing how this Kingdom will effect dramatic changes on this Earth and why individuals need to submit to God’s Kingdom and its appointed ruler, Jesus Christ.

Everyone is invited to attend and learn more of God’s Kingdom. All the scheduled three day conventions promptly begin at 8:20 a.m. Admission is free since all conventions of Jehovah’s Witnesses are supported by voluntary contributions.

Article Source: Manila Standard Today

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Just to let you know that the brothers who prepared for the talk in Philippines, it takes a year for them to prepare even if they only have a 10 minute symposium part. Right after the District Convention, the part for the next DC is distributed to Brothers for them to prepare. During the C.O`s visit, the assigned elder needs to confirm if he can deliver the talk or not. Sometime, in the areas where the brothers are striving financially, they can not deliver their part so they give it back to the CO.

Modesty is not something we can simply define in a way that suits us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean.

It certainly is a challenge for our dear brothers in the Philippines,especially on Mindanao, and as I know a family there, I have come to appreciate how difficult it is for many considering how easy it is for us here in the west, although we have challenges of a different type. It only proves the point that it is Jehovahs' Spirit that makes these Conventions possible. Soon now, we will see Jehovahs' great name cleared, His sovereign rulership vindicated and all reproach removed from His people. I do think our Brothers there will feel uplifted and encouraged with the information presented.

It certainly is a challenge for our dear brothers in the Philippines,especially on Mindanao, and as I know a family there, I have come to appreciate how difficult it is for many considering how easy it is for us here in the west, although we have challenges of a different type. It only proves the point that it is Jehovahs' Spirit that makes these Conventions possible. Soon now, we will see Jehovahs' great name cleared, His sovereign rulership vindicated and all reproach removed from His people. I do think our Brothers there will feel uplifted and encouraged with the information presented.

The good things here in the Philippines is that we're not having any persecution from the government although there were some isolated cases from the people that we preached...

"May Jehovah bless you and keep you."

- Numbers 6:24

:welcome:

Do you know any brothers in Mindanao area? Our former COBE has always a part in DC, he has always 20+ minutes talk, (he was serving before as a city overseer) many times he got the watchtower summary, that's 30 minute and if you have that 30 minute talk that's one of second longest talk a local elder can give in DC but since they are striving financially, his part is always in jeopardy. I feel really bad for him because his son left the truth so he stepped down of the privilege.

I grew up and lived in Mindanao prior to my family immigration in Canada.

I actually know a sister and her mother from Digos, they moved into another relatives home at Basiawan and her father lives in General Santos City. I was supposed to have visited them this September but didn't go due to the problems with security. The Australian Government Travel Guide strongly advised otherwise. I still follow the news on Mindanao three or four times a week and wonder how our brothers manage. Still Jehovahs' hand is not short.The Conventions on the Kingdom will hopefully promote Kingdom Truths and interest many more.

Wow! Davao area is the producer of CO. As far as I can recall since I was very young, most of the circuit overseer who visited us came from Davao Area, even until now. Around what year you been there?

Have you been to the first English District Convention in Mindanao around mid -2000's? I was there as an attendant, it was held in Cagayan de Oro City when it happens.

Sorry, I haven't been there as yet. I was actually in touch with a sister on skype ect and was to be there to meet her and her family ect in August just gone.

Sad to say due to the unstable political situation on Mindanao I decided to stay where I am which proved to be the right decision as a friend of mine came back to Aus and bought his wife with him as it got to dangerous to stay there. He built a brand new house on the mountain but can't live in it due to the factional fighting and the threat of being kidnapped ect. I am now looking at visiting Manila next year. Cotabato is experiencing some problems with activity

from the fundamentalists and as the Society has scheduled Conventions in Cotabato, General Santos City, Zoambanga, and Davao it shows what faith these brothers have and obviously Jehovahs' Spirit.

The Conventions can only highlight the peace and harmony in Jehovahs' Organisation compared to the rest of the island.Never know I might even get to see it

if I plan to go to the English Convention next year, Jehovah willing