JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Searching for video: The Bible—Mankind’s Oldest Modern Book

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2269 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

How can I get the above video for download. I need it for my bible students. The Bible—Mankind’s Oldest Modern Book video.

Thanks in advance 

For Jehovah is aware of the way of the righteous, But the way of the wicked will perish (Psalm 1:6).

It's a 23 year old VHS cassette tape. If you can still order it from your kingdom hall, that would be the best place. Some people are selling it on Amazon... ugh. You'd need a VCR, VHS to PC adapter. and a PC... or you can Google it and use another shady website to rip the video off of Vimeo. All not technically legal aside from possibly personal use or fair use commentary and parody... It may be good for personal study, but I don't recommend using it with students, it's likely not been made digital for a reason. There are newer videos that are much simpler and better reach the heart. The faithful and discreet slave provides spiritual food at the proper time.

Edited by Myew

18 hours ago, Myew said:

It may be good for personal study, but I don't recommend using it with students, it's likely not been made digital for a reason. There are newer videos that are much simpler and better reach the heart. The faithful and discreet slave provides spiritual food at the proper time.

It was recommended for use with bible students when considering chapter 2 of the book: "What does the bible really teach" and the recommendation is recent - a 2013 OKM article. Thanks 

For Jehovah is aware of the way of the righteous, But the way of the wicked will perish (Psalm 1:6).

I apologize, feel free to ignore my overzealous obsession with trying to use the newest advancements in technology. I often speak without understanding and neglect older resources more than I should. I had seen that KM article, but assumed it was kind of outdated since it was made before JW Library was released in Oct 2013. Then came JW Broadcasting and Christian Life & Ministry. However, the current Life & Ministry still references that same article.  http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/202016204

I saw about 3 of that on YouTube. I wonder which is trustworthy. They all had different data sizes.

Edited by Nnaemeka

On 3/21/2017 at 9:31 AM, Myew said:

My bad indeed.. upon closer inspection of the DVD list, it should be in the "The Bible—A Book of Fact and Prophecy—On DVD (© 1992, 1993, 1996)" collection. http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200276738

It says at the end of the list that full length DVDs have been discontinued. :( I had figured that was the case when we didn't get DVDs for the latest two movies we saw at the convention, altho I hoped for a time we might see DVDs a bit later at the counter in our Kingdom Halls. There reason is probably the cost to organize that, which would be quite significant, so it's completely understandable (especially since the movies are already available for us on JW broadcasting), but it is nice to be able to watch one of our Bible-based movies from our collection whenever we feel like it, while not worrying about Internet costs. I'll just download the movies. Problem solved ~ I have been wanting to see that one on King Hezekiah again! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
1 hour ago, keish443 said:

Do you have access to part 1 & 2 on google drive for research purposes? I do not like to view videos on You Tube

I think the post with the link right above your post, is for the complete video. Parts one and two combined. 

Edited by Musky

I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask the literature servant at your Kingdom Hall if there is a copy of the DVD available in the hall stock. There are a few halls that still had some available.  We moved all of the DVDs out of stock 2 years ago.  I just had the family of a deceased sister bring me an unopened copy of "Wonders of Creation" DVD a month ago.  I had a sister that had been looking for a copy so I was able to fill the request.