JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

José Hernandez: A young Hispanic making education pay off

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4548 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

José Hernandez: A young Hispanic making education pay off

by William Wright of the Cleveland Daily Banner

The number of Hispanics ages 18 to 24 on U.S. college campuses grew by nearly a quarter, highlighting what The Associated Press called “a substantial and increasingly rapid demographic transition in higher education.”

José Hernandez, a student at Cleveland State Community College, is among the increasing Hispanic population to pursue higher education in America.

The industrious teenager has been enrolled in a Theocratic Ministry School of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Meigs County for years and links his comprehensive skills and study habits to a careful spiritual routine 52 weeks out of the year.

“The Theocratic Ministry School has helped me to focus and keep my mind open. I realize there’s always something for me to learn. It helps keep my mind active and to always keep trying to improve myself. It’s helping me be the best I can be. I thoroughly enjoy the ministry school,” he said.

While secular education is important to the studious young adult, Hernandez said the emphasis Jesus Christ put on one’s spiritual education, by taking in knowledge of God and Christ at John 17:3, was even more important to him.

In October 2010, 46 percent of young Hispanics attending college enrolled in two-year schools and 54 percent enrolled in four-year schools.

Read More: Cleveland Daily Banner

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!