JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW.org - LEGAL DEVELOPMENTS | Russia’s Supreme Court Ruling Has Negative Impact on Jehovah’s Witnesses

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2500 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This point struck me

Philip Brumley, general counsel for Jehovah’s Witnesses, noted the contradiction in the government’s stance: “On the one hand, the government refuses alternative civilian service to young Witnesses because they are ‘extremists,’ while on the other hand, it demands that these ‘extremists’ be inducted into the army. Does it make sense that the government would allow ‘extremists’ to be in the army?”

Critical times hard to deal with are here.... (for yet just a little while longer)

But you have closely followed my teaching, my course of life,+ my purpose, my faith, my patience, my love, my endurance, 11 the persecutions and sufferings such as I experienced in Antioch,+ in I·coʹni·um,+ in Lysʹtra.+ I endured these persecutions, and the Lord rescued me from them all.+ 12 In fact, all those desiring to live with godly devotion in association with Christ Jesus will also be persecuted.+ 13 But wicked men and impostors will advance from bad to worse....

53 minutes ago, Jonathan77 said:

This point struck me

Philip Brumley, general counsel for Jehovah’s Witnesses, noted the contradiction in the government’s stance: “On the one hand, the government refuses alternative civilian service to young Witnesses because they are ‘extremists,’ while on the other hand, it demands that these ‘extremists’ be inducted into the army. Does it make sense that the government would allow ‘extremists’ to be in the army?”

That is absolute proof they know we are not really extremist. Someone just has an agenda.... Wonder who that might be...

On 6/17/2017 at 3:19 AM, Jonathan77 said:

This point struck me

At our convention, a speaker made a similar point about what lengths governments have gone to in order to "get" Witnesses. He said that they will violate their own laws so to restrict us. To Brumley's excellent point, Russia's being no only self-contradictory, but out right hypocritical.