JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Bible—Accurate in All Respects

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2485 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

A man meditates after reading the Bible

IMG_1604.thumb.JPG.cc1b1ebaa0fa471bbcf3cc49835e38c3.JPG

From The Bible—Accurate in All Respects

Try to describe this picture as much as you can. This way we can make it searchable.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

A  city-dwelling, middle-aged man with dark, graying hair sits at a table in front of his window with a bible with red-gilded edges that is opened up in front of him. He wears a blue, long-sleeve V-neck shirt and is wearing a ring on his left hand, possibly indicating that he is married. He gazes into the distance as he contemplates deeply upon the things he just read, meditating on the meaning of the words in the book along with how he could apply these in his life.

A  city-dwelling, middle-aged man with dark, graying hair sits at a table in front of his window with a bible with red-gilded edges that is opened up in front of him. He wears a blue, long-sleeve V-neck shirt and is wearing a ring on his left hand, possibly indicating that he is married. He gazes into the distance as he contemplates deeply upon the things he just read, meditating on the meaning of the words in the book along with how he could apply these in his life.

What do you imagine he is thinking?

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

With so many threads all with the same title, even though they have different content, many may pass them by thinking they are multiple postings of the same post

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

With so many threads all with the same title, even though they have different content, many may pass them by thinking they are multiple postings of the same post

Do you have a suggestion?

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Put all the images from the same publication in the same thread. Rename the thread to indicate it is for the purpose of indexing the images. Have one thread for indexing images - named clearly.

Put all the images from the same publication in the same thread. Rename the thread to indicate it is for the purpose of indexing the images. Have one thread for indexing images - named clearly.

I thought about that, but the problem is that then you will know easily which image is being discussed, and the whole point is to make them searchable and inspire discussion.

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 minute ago, Thesauron said:

I thought about that, but the problem is that then you will know easily which image is being discussed, and the whole point is to make them searchable and inspire discussion.

I would think you would want people to know which image is being discussed :confused:

If you want to post each picture individually, do so .... but give each one a "distinctive and individual title" so people will not think they are duplicate posts - causing them to be skipped over or being removed as duplicates.

I would think you would want people to know which image is being discussed :confused:

If you want to post each picture individually, do so .... but give each one a "distinctive and individual title" so people will not think they are duplicate posts - causing them to be skipped over or being removed as duplicates.

That is why I've posted them in separate threads. But giving them slightly separate titles is an idea. Now, how would you describe the image in this thread?

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

You already did - in the caption above it. So, a title like:

The Bible—Accurate in All Respects  ... image of man in hospital bed

Or perhaps:

The Bible—Accurate in All Respects .... image #3 (or whatever image number it is)

Edited by Qapla

You already did - in the caption above it. So, a title like:

The Bible—Accurate in All Respects  ... image of man in hospital bed

Or perhaps:

The Bible—Accurate in All Respects .... image #3 (or whatever image number it is)

Yes. Do you have any more descriptive words for it? I'll give you some examples:

He has an IV Pole with two bags. There's a table next to him with a can and a glass. He seems to have a head injury because of bandages around his head. The man has dark hair and slightly brownish skin and seems to be sleeping. Background is green and purple.

The challenge is to find more and better ways of describing the picture.

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I'm not sure what is the purpose of all these threads.  This is a forum for discussion, not for searching images.   

They might encourage discussions regarding the topics depicted.

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I think we're going to keep them in one thread (if they are related  - like this). 

If we start to see a conversation center on one - we can always split that conversation off.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I think we're going to keep them in one thread (if they are related  - like this). 
If we start to see a conversation center on one - we can always split that conversation off.

How would you easily know that a comment is about a particular picture if a search will bring up a discussion about hundreds of images?

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)