JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW.org - NEWS RELEASES | Kazakhstan Government Suspends Branch Operations of Jehovah’s Witnesses

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2425 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Why does every link from the JWTalk Forums only direct back to the thread?  They never go to the actual article...  

This one actually worked on my phone! It made me raise my eyebrows and smile ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

On 7/5/2017 at 11:41 AM, Hope said:

Why does every link from the JWTalk Forums only direct back to the thread?  They never go to the actual article... :( 

These Threads are automatically posted by the Forum Software.  It goofs up every time.  If brought to our attention a moderator will fix the link as was done in this case.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

On 06/07/2017 at 4:41 AM, Hope said:

Why does every link from the JWTalk Forums only direct back to the thread?  They never go to the actual article... :( 

It works for me ..perhaps your device has a virus? :confused:

You're saying every link ??? hmmm....

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

The "JW News" release posts are automatically generated by the forum software and this part of the system has a glitch and messes up the link which causes it to take you nowhere. We moderators have to go in and manually edit the link to enable it to take you to the actual article. But, we get no notification as to when these get posted so we only see them when you do, so sometimes it may take a few minutes for one of us to fix the link as I did with this one. So if you see a new news post in this forum and the link doesn't work, just be patient. You can also go to the jworg website and click on "newsroom" and find the article yourself.

6 hours ago, Musky said:

We moderators have to go in and manually edit the link to enable it to take you to the actual article

So much work is going on behind the scenes - THANK YOU very much mods :grouphug:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

• 4 weeks later...

NEWS UPDATE | Kazakhstan Court Lifts Suspension on Branch Offices But Upholds Suspension on Kingdom Hall

We are happy to report that on August 3, 2017, the Almaty City Court ruled to lift the three-month suspension on the operations of the Kazakhstan branch. However, the court upheld the suspension on the operations of the Kingdom Hall located on the branch office property, forcing 14 congregations to meet elsewhere.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/#newsAlerts

On 8/4/2017 at 11:07 AM, Samira said:

NEWS UPDATE | Kazakhstan Court Lifts Suspension on Branch Offices But Upholds Suspension on Kingdom Hall

We are happy to report that on August 3, 2017, the Almaty City Court ruled to lift the three-month suspension on the operations of the Kazakhstan branch. However, the court upheld the suspension on the operations of the Kingdom Hall located on the branch office property, forcing 14 congregations to meet elsewhere.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/#newsAlerts

I can not find this Update on JW.org. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

17 minutes ago, outwalkin said:

This was a "news alert." It was there on the home page for a day or two. 

Strange......can't find it anymore, but was definitely on jw.org.....

.....have Kazakhstan changed their mind?