JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW.ORG: 1090 languages and growing!

Two steps forward one step back 🤔

Added:

The Choctaw language, traditionally spoken by the Native American Choctaw people  (9.600) of the southeastern United States

Broken Bow - OK (USA)

Atoka - OK (USA)

Some meetings also held in: Choctaw

Forro Creole is a minority Portuguese-based creole language spoken in São Tomé and Príncipe. It is also called by its native speakers as sãotomense creole or santomense creole.

The one removed today is: Barwe an African language 

Back to 1975 languages, sorry I mean

975 Ossetian (Kudar) is an Eastern Iranian language spoken in Ossetia, a region on the northern slopes of the Caucasus Mountains.

The question is: will it stay at 975 bcs there are already Ossetian and Ossetian (Chsan)?

Is Ossetian (Kudar) a script of Ossetian?

Time will tell.

Edited by humblebumblebee

Added joke 😊

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, humblebumblebee said:

After 5 weeks a new language! : ) 

976 Uzbek (Horezm)

Wow, that's interesting. I can understand Uzbek, as it is related to a language I speak. Not sure about the Horezm dialect though. I have heard it can be difficult even for native speakers of standard Uzbek to understand. 

What surprises me is that our organisation has decided to translate the website into this dialect of Uzbek. It means that despite the huge restrictions, the number of brothers is growing in Uzbekistan's Horezm Region. Officially, there are only two congs in Uzbekistan - one in the capital and the other in its Fergana Region. However, I have heard that there are also brothers in more conservative regions down in the south. 

• 3 weeks later...

Our website JW.ORG now released by 977 languages

Our website was the worlds most translated website

Isaiah 60:22- The little one will become a thousand And the small one a mighty nation. I myself, Jehovah, will speed it up in its own time.

Our website languages also witness about our great God jehovah

Edited by Tortuga

Per Request

41 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Br. Raja, I think you mixed up one of the numbers.

Here is the screenshot just now.  Looks like 977 (not 997).  Stile, we are progressing with more translations every month. hanks for bringing it to our attention.

977.JPG

Sorry brother thats my mistake i am typing mistake brother sorry now i how can i change this brother? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dages changed the title to JW.ORG: 1090 languages and growing!