JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Discussion Forum
Allabord4Jah

Updates to Watchtower Library DVD (Windows only)

The Greatest Man book is back.  It was removed when the Jesus-The Way book was released.  Not sure why, but you can now compare the two I guess.

The original YPA book is still not there.  There is one publication not included with the WT Library, but is on the Online Library.  That is the You Can Trust the Creator T-82 Tract.

15 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I just received update 1705. It has the August material..

Hhmmm. I've got update 1704 installed. Yet, when I click on Check For Updates, a box tells me No updates available. I only have up until July. :confused:

EDIT: Oh, I'm sorry. I just noticed your disclaimer:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...

Edited by Sheep

1 minute ago, Sheep said:

So how come it took me two days longer than everyone else? Is it because I'm in Canada?

I will send you personal message when Babylon The Great falls... just to keep you current LOL :lol2:

Okay, now I've got update 1705... finally! So how come it took me two days longer than everyone else? Is it because I'm in Canada? (It takes longer for updates to reach this far?)

It is because you connect to different servers, and it takes a little while for the updated file(s) to be copied to all servers.

6 hours ago, Teejay said:

Gud day bro n sis. I'm having complications updating my WTLIB. It downlaods but fails to apply the update

Can i pls get the update package, pls?

I believe the update needs a lot of room on the drive to apply the update. Do you have a lot of space available on your drive?

1 hour ago, Dove said:

My cell phone says it needs to be charged at least 50% before it will install the new update..

That's a good point, however since this is the WTLIB thread its more likely a PC instead of a phone. However it wouldn't hurt to ensure the PC is fully charged if needed.

15 hours ago, Teejay said:

Gud day bro n sis. I'm having complications updating my WTLIB. It downlaods but fails to apply the update

Can i pls get the update package, pls?

My update (to version 1705) worked very well on my Dell desktop PC.  I have heard of two others with update failures, however.  I recall they were using Lenovo tablets I believe.

Until 1705 update I had no trouble installing ( Windows 7)

However 1705 update will download, verify, then when it tries to install I get this error:

fail.JPG.8cc4ca9db8d45a552871ea1f3361d557.JPG

I have tried to update manually but the same thing happens

( Using 2016 WT library updated to 1704)

Any advice on this appreciated

Thanks