JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2016 “Remain Loyal to Jehovah” Convention music video presentations

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2136 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It's been so long since I saw this video presentation that I forgot that an old acquaintance of mine is pictured in it. His photo appears starting at the 3:30 mark:

Preston.thumb.jpg.bd493e748ab70634cf6883bf911d4e77.jpg

His name is Preston J_____, and he used to be in my congregation. We were not in the congregation at the same time though, but we used to see each other occasionally. He is a Native American, and the last time I heard he was in the English congregation in Kahnawake, Montreal's First Nations reserve. (I'm not sure where he is now. We haven't kept in touch.)

He is also pictured twice on the last page of the tract You Can Trust the Creator, which was designed for Native Americans. (I also know the brother with him in the last picture, Sam K____.)

I'm so glad the Branch decided to publish this! 

While the orchestral music for "God's Wondrous Works" was playing, my mind travel back a few years when I visited parts of Africa.  Now, just to put this is perspective, living life in an industrialized country has it's pros and cons no doubt.  But, due to perpetual night lighting, pollution, etc. it saddens me that I'm not able to look up at the sky on a clear night sky and marvel at the wonder of the stars of heavens -- not until I traveled to Kenya and Zimbabwe.  It was only then, in those two places, that I looked up one night and gasps with wonderment and awe at what I saw each and every evening I was there...millions of stars (a few were twinkling) against a clear backdrop of night, just as it was pictured in the video!  What a joy it was and something I'll never forget...and something I long to see once again in God's New World!

O Jehovah our Lord, how majestic your name is throughout the earth;

You have set your splendor even higher than the heavens!

When I see your heavens, the works of your fingers,

The moon and the stars that you have prepared

O Jehovah our Lord, how majestic your name is throughout the earth!

Psalms 8:1, 3, 9.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...