JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Don’t be tricked into opening your bananas from the other end!

Several times over the last few months I have seen/read of people laughing at humans because we open bananas at the stem end. “Chimps know best!” they say. “They open them from the other end!”

Thinking that perhaps humans were the fourth most intelligent life form on earth rather than the third, I gave it a try. Well it’s rubbish! Chimps are stupid and we should be showing them how to do it properly.

#rantOver

#neverAgain

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I buy presliced bananas still in the peel, you can peel them from either end and they are presliced into bite size pieces so it's easier to put them on cereal, just peel and drop...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

If you carefully sow a thread in and out beneath the skin and pull it tight, you can trick someone so that the banana comes out in slices. Should you have an abundance of time on your hands!

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

6 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

If you carefully sow a thread in and out beneath the skin and pull it tight, you can trick someone so that the banana comes out in slices. Should you have an abundance of time on your hands!

Exactly!

Or you can post a comment that you buy them that way and wait to see how many people look it up...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

We have an older Brother in our Hall that brings up the banana peeling when we have Congregation activities that involve food - since someone inevitably brings bananas.

He peels his from the "bottom" like the chimps. He says if you do it that way you won't have any "strings" clinging to the banana like you do if you peel it from the stem end.

I tried it and found no difference in how they peel. I also noticed he had just as many "strings" as I did when we were both eating our bananas.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

7 minutes ago, Qapla said:

We have an older Brother in our Hall that brings up the banana peeling when we have Congregation activities that involve food - since someone inevitably brings bananas.

He peels his from the "bottom" like the chimps. He says if you do it that way you won't have any "strings" clinging to the banana like you do if you peel it from the stem end.

I tried it and found no difference in how they peel. I also noticed he had just as many "strings" as I did when we were both eating our bananas.

There are definitely strings attached to peeling a banana from the bottom. This conversation could get bogged down due to lack of individual research on the subject. I want all to know I tried to duplicate Qapla results a number of times with little success and now my wife is demanding to know if I have gone bonkers.

I hope peeled bananas keep well. :D  

Now with Tortuga's help, I am going to research presliced banana still in the peel. :lol:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Exactly!

Or you can post a comment that you buy them that way and wait to see how many people look it up...:lol1:

Oh I see. I thought you meant the peel was also sliced. I hadn’t really thought it through!

(These -ough words are awkward.)

8 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Exactly!

I did NOT fall for it. 😁😁😁

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

10 minutes ago, Dove said:

I could never get it started... I think the primates use their teeth..:)

You have my sympathy. In the book "American Me" our teenage immigrant was given a banana by a friendly street vendor. He had never seen a banana before. He tried to chew on one end, then switched to the other end and concluded that the street vendor was playing a practical joke on him and threw the banana away.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

13 minutes ago, Dove said:

I could never get it started... I think the primates use their teeth..:)

I always use my teeth, unless it is very ripe then the stem end will snap off. What do you use? :D