JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sunday, May 6 Jehovah sees into the heart.​—1 Sam. 16:7.

Sunday, May 6

Jehovah sees into the heart.—1 Sam. 16:7.

Our faith in Jehovah’s ability to read hearts and to draw to himself those whom he chooses should prevent us from judging others, both in our territory and in our congregation. (John 6:44) Accepting Jehovah as our Potter can affect our attitude toward fellow believers. (Isa. 64:8) Do you see your brothers and sisters as God does—not as a finished product, but as a work in progress? He can see the inner person as well as the kind of person one can become in his capable hands. Hence, Jehovah takes a positive view of people and does not focus on temporary imperfections. (Ps. 130:3) We can imitate him by seeing his servants in a positive light. In fact, we can work along with our Potter by supporting our brothers and sisters as they strive to make spiritual advancement. (1 Thess. 5:14, 15) As “gifts in men,” the elders ought to take the lead in this regard.—Eph. 4:8, 11-13. w16.06 1:4-6

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Doesn't it make us happy that Jehovah sees into our heart?  When we look at our congregation, we can be certain that Jehovah sees all the good that we possess and he can see what we will all eventually turn out to be. Beautiful works of pottery art.

Just sharing some other thoughts if I may....

If I'm a work in progress, who is doing the building? Is it Jehovah or is it me? If It is me, and I work at building something and Jehovah asks me to tear it down and start over because I did it wrong, should I be upset? As with any building there are temporary support structures put up that seem to be in the way but are needed until final completion. And with any renovation things will always look worst before it gets better.  So no doubt we are all in different stages of construction.

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

Jehovah, the great Potter does not look at our outer appearance or mistakes we made and hold them against us. He looks at us individually and he looks into our heart to see if we are moldable. If we’ve committed a sin and HE sees that we are repented and moldable, he will allow us to be counseled. We all have made mistakes and whether we are reproved publicly or privately, we know that Jehovah only disciplines those he loves. So we need to look at our brothers and sisters in a positive light. Remember the way that we judge others, we will be judged.