JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Another One of Jehovah’s Witnesses on Trial in Russia on Charges of Extremist Activity

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2153 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

JW.Org: Another One of Jehovah’s Witnesses on Trial in Russia on Charges of Extremist Activity

Arkadya Akopyan, a 70-year-old retired tailor and one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, has been on trial for a year on charges of extremist activity.

The next hearing is scheduled for June 5, when Mr. Akopyan will be cross-examined. Although he is not in pretrial detention, Mr. Akopyan has been restricted from traveling since his trial began in May 2017 in the Prokhladny District Court.

It always comes with an initial shock to me.. These news headlines. And they are shocking for us as peaceful people. However, Jesus and Jehovah are not powerless in these situations. They only allow these things to happen to our brothers whilst he gives them 'strength beyond what is normal'. 

We as humans cannot see or comprehend the whys and wherefores of the whole picture.. So it is not easy for us to 'leave it with Jehovah' 

Jehovah will be doing things of which we may never know, in this situation. What is plain is, the outcome will be the best for individuals and the whole congregation. 

I personally have had desperate times but have learned things I needed to. So, despite not liking the problems... I'd rather go through them again seeing that I needed the 'better: outcome. 

What we can do is pray regularly for them.