JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Majority of Austrians support closing of mosques as govt battles ‘political Islam’ – poll

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2107 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The Austrian government’s push against “political Islam” has drawn popular support, a recent poll shows. While more than 60 percent approve of the measures, 14 percent of the respondents say they were “too soft.”

A survey conducted by Unique Research for Profile Magazine revealed that 66 percent of Austrians believe the government’s decision to shut down seven mosques and to consider the expulsion of dozens of imams was right.

The number of those who say the approach is “too soft” is higher than those who believe it is “too harsh” – 14 percent to 10 percent. Ten percent of the respondents were undecided.

https://www.rt.com/news/430117-austrians-support-mosques-closure/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=RSS

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Oh I'm sure we're going to see a lot more of this. I think the people in Britain are only going to take so much more before they get completely fed up with the situation in London as well. They recently had a huge protest demanding the freeing of Tommy Robinson, whom many believed was arrested because he spoke out against grooming gangs. Being that I don't live in the UK or places like Paris or Sweden, I can't make an account on how bad the situations are there. I've heard it said that some of the cities in these places has been deemed unrecognizable, but idk how far it's gone. I guess we'd just have to stand by and see what happens in the future before this system finally ends.