JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

US ‘prepared’ and may strike Iran next month – reports

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2066 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The US may be ready to target Iran’s nuclear facilities soon amid a bellicose exchange of threats between the two countries, ABC reported. Australia can apparently aid the mission, should an attack take place.

The outlet cites senior figures in the government of Malcolm Turnbull, who believe the United States is “prepared” to bomb Iran's nuclear sites. The grim prediction suggests the move could happen as early as next month.

The report comes at a time when tensions between Washington and Tehran are hitting boiling point. In one of the latest exchanges of threats between the two nations, Iran said that a war with it would be the “mother of all wars.” This prompted Donald Trump to issue a harsh response, warning that Iran would face“consequences the likes of which few throughout history have ever suffered before.”

Australia, a member of global intelligence alliance known as the Five Eyes, is reportedly poised to play a part in the operation, providing its defense facilities to identify targets in Iran. The same assistance may be offered by the UK, while two other parties in the alliance – Canada and New Zealand – “would be unlikely to play a role in any military action in Iran,” according to ABC.

https://www.rt.com/news/434399-us-ready-bomb-iran/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=RSS

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, Dages said:

's RT.com... not really reliable.

True. But even  if it does come from a reliable source, who knows what will happen. Threats don't mean much. Look at all that was flying around with NK. 

5 hours ago, Dages said:

That's RT.com... not really reliable.

But any move in Middle East may be relevant about prophecies.

Not just RT reporting it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/israel-poised-to-strike-iran/

https://sputniknews.com/world/201807271066726411-trump-iran-strike/

https://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/military/donald-trump-is-reportedly-prepared-to-strike-iran-and-australia-will-play-a-helping-role/news-story/6f3a6f20410cafde14a0bd8a4054bc09

Seems to be a whole lot of sites I found just by googling it- who got it first though and if that makes it reliable or not I guess we shall see.

The whole world is a ticking bomb. 

Mr Trump is liable to do anything at anytime, either in line with what is being reported or contrary to it.

Just a further reminder that we need to be readying ourselves by making sure we are fully under Jehovah's protection when the time does come ... whether it be this year or further into the future.

Since New Zealand is not an ally of the US our country is probably less interested ... but will be interesting nonetheless. (although NZ is ally of Australia)l

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

6 hours ago, Dages said:

That's RT.com... not really reliable.

But any move in Middle East may be relevant about prophecies.

In the news RT is quoting ABC source if you read it carefully. 

The world is a crazy place at the moment. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Iran's economy is in dire straits...it will be intresting to see what happens next.

“A lot of retailers have already closed down and I’m selling the stock that I have left,” said Amir, 27, standing behind the cash register in his small shop in a shopping arcade in an affluent area of northern Tehran. “Once I’ve sold everything, I’ll probably be unemployed,” he said, declining to be identified by his full name because of concern about speaking with foreign media. “Rouhani’s government has no real understanding of the extent of what’s going to happen and what will happen with these sanctions,” said Saeed Laylaz, a pro-reform economist who has advised the government. “The people have lost their trust and they are craving efficiency — they don’t care if it comes from men with beards or neckties.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-27/trump-s-threats-are-the-least-of-iran-s-worries

As Commander -In-Chief he can order an attack at anytime. That is why many, even in congress are worried about him having control of the nuclear football. Congress has not issued a declaration of war since 1942. The US has fought many wars since 1942. Sometimes Congress passes a resoultion approving military action sometimes not. The US invasion of Grenada was one of these occasions. "The invasion and occupation constituted, within the meaning of the War Powers Clause of the U.S. Constitution, a war against the people of Grenada. The President, however, at no time sought the required congressional approval."

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

4 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Since New Zealand is not an ally of the US our country is probably less interested ... but will be interesting nonetheless. (although NZ is ally of Australia)l

NZ is definitely an ally of the US .. just not a member of NATO.

NZ joined the US and Australia in the ANZUS alliance in 1951.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

On 7/27/2018 at 9:30 PM, Stormswift said:

Not just RT reporting it.

https://sputniknews.com/

Even less reliable than RT in my opinion.

On 7/27/2018 at 10:17 AM, Gregexplore said:

Iran said that a war with it would be the “mother of all wars.”

Hmm where've I heard that one before.....

http://media4.s-nbcnews.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/031214/031214_saddamcaptured_vmed9a.grid-4x2.jpg

Edited by ChocoBro

5 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

rouhani may have a point

i believe iran is the most powerful usa's enemy, only surpassed by russia and china

so, if this war happen, this will be perhaps the second most devastating war of the xxi century

armageddon is the first :P

39 minutes ago, UpstairsObligation said:

rouhani may have a point

i believe iran is the most powerful usa's enemy, only surpassed by russia and china

so, if this war happen, this will be perhaps the second most devastating war of the xxi century

armageddon is the first :P

More powerful than North Korea? 

On 7/28/2018 at 11:50 AM, GeordieGirl said:

NZ is definitely an ally of the US .. just not a member of NATO.

NZ joined the US and Australia in the ANZUS alliance in 1951.

No ... NZ are now termed 'Friends of the US' ... NZ are not allies due to their anti nuclear stand.  NZ left ANZUS in the 1980's.

The US even had trade sanctions against NZ and wasn't even termed friends of the US.

Now NZ carries an approved standing (LOL) with the US but not allies until NZ allows nuclear ships into its waters which they won't compromise of course. (Well, you never know these days).

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO1611/S00012/new-zealand-and-the-us-friends-again.htm

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

More information :

U.S.-NEW ZEALAND RELATIONS

New Zealand is a strong partner and friend of the United States. The U.S. diplomatic presence in New Zealand dates back to the commissioning of the first U.S. Consul in 1838. Formal diplomatic relations were established in 1942, following the United Kingdom's recognition of New Zealand's domestic and external autonomy within the British Empire. During World War II, U.S. military personnel were stationed in New Zealand to prepare for battles such as Guadalcanal and Tarawa. The United States and New Zealand share common elements of history and culture and a commitment to democratic principles. New Zealand's relationship with the United States in the post-World War II period was closely associated with the 1951 Australia-New Zealand-United States (ANZUS) security treaty, under which signatories agreed to consult in case of an attack in the Pacific and to "act to meet the common danger." This changed in the 1980s, when New Zealand's implementation of a policy barring nuclear-armed and nuclear-powered warships from its ports effectively prevented practical alliance cooperation under ANZUS. In 1986, the United States suspended its ANZUS security obligations to New Zealand.

https://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/35852.htm

6 hours ago, Stormswift said:

No ... NZ are now termed 'Friends of the US' ... NZ are not allies due to their anti nuclear stand.  NZ left ANZUS in the 1980's.

The US even had trade sanctions against NZ and wasn't even termed friends of the US.

Now NZ carries an approved standing (LOL) with the US but not allies until NZ allows nuclear ships into its waters which they won't compromise of course. (Well, you never know these days).

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO1611/S00012/new-zealand-and-the-us-friends-again.htm

Thank you for updating me on my outdated information, Mandi. I never knew about the trade sanctions either. Interesting how you are not allies just because you won't allow nuclear warheads. So ... does this mean that in the unlikely event that some power hungry nation decides to attack you, the US won't come to your aid ... or will they honour their non-allied friendship' with you!

Mr Hoadley certainly has his nose in a lot of countrys' political pies .... sorry! bit of a mixed metaphor there but you know what I mean. LOL  So glad we are seperate from politics, it is so confusing.

Totally OT but while we are on the subject of NZ, I am always impressed with products that come out of there ... lots of natural and organic skin care and herbs, vitamins and food and it's always high quality. I think you must live in one of the cleaner and more natural countries in the world. I hope you enjoy the quality too, and it doesn't all go to export.  I like your stand on animal testing and welfare, too.  

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

I don't know what would happen if someone attacked us Aus are still alies of NZ - so maybe that would be all NZ needed?

Haven't really thought about it, but maybe being 'friends' may mean a level of help from US but not to the extent if NZ were allied with them?

We have a lot of natural basics ... eggs, milk from vats (for some parts of the Country) cheesemaking. olive oils, wines etc. We could be self sufficient if we needed to be - but it's not as clean as its portrayed in international media .. maybe compartively it is = but we certainly have our pollution problems and deforestation issues along with our shores being overfished.  We manage to fly under the radar a lot - like all these political issues NZ couldn't care less because it doesn't affect them at least directly. But its dangerous spiritually ... NZers don't have a clue how bad it is overseas ... there's no urgency very apathetic in the ministry. Trump is just one big joke to those who are politically motivated ... they are more excited about Rugby to be honest.

14 hours ago, Shawnster said:

More powerful than North Korea? 

1 hour ago, UpstairsObligation said:

yes

Though North Korea has a much larger armed force than Iran in terms of a lot of numbers, the Iranian weapon systems are slightly more up to date, and the country has a far greater number of reserve troops and personnel available for military service.

Having said all that, North Korea is a tiny country and Iran is pretty huge. So apart from the guerilla warfare and resistance to be expected by the general populace (Iran is the last Shia stronghold of the entire world) who are behind their regime far more than the impoverished average North Korean peasant, Iran's military is stretched pretty thin across the region. Also, a lot of people there have had enough of the regime due to a long struggle with harsh economic sanctions.

I would expect Iran to last a little longer than Saddam Hussein's Iraq but not really to generate any serious resistance. However, a war against Iran would pretty much draw the entire region into a sectarian conflict the likes of what has never been seen before, I imagine, particularly Lebanon and possibly even Russia who have been trying to establish relations with Iran for years.

On 7/30/2018 at 2:39 AM, Stormswift said:

I don't know what would happen if someone attacked us Aus are still alies of NZ - so maybe that would be all NZ needed?

I'm sure the UK would step in.  I'm also sure the US would, too 

1 minute ago, Shawnster said:

I'm sure the UK would step in.  I'm also sure the US would, too 

Yeah well, NZ is still part of the Commonwealth - so yup. Africa and Canada as well then haha.

According to Anglo-American Power, there is 25 hot spots around the world. We have to wait what they are going to accomplish, along with the UN. UN is going to change next month. They are going to plan to cut red tape. Red tape has hindering them to accomplish what they want to do speedly. We have to wait and see.

I love how these things get leaked out months in advance now warning the country and regions that an attack is coming. How stupid. Never used to hear anything about it until the attack was under way.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green