JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Tuesday, August 14 Prove to yourselves the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.​—Rom. 12:2.

Tuesday, August 14

Prove to yourselves the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.—Rom. 12:2.

God’s Law to the Israelites showed Jehovah’s strong feelings against clothing that does not make clear the distinction between male and female—what has been described in our day as unisex fashion. (Deut. 22:5) From God’s stated direction about clothing, we clearly see that God is not pleased with styles of dress that feminize men, that make women look like men, or that make it hard to see the difference between men and women. God’s Word contains principles that help Christians make good decisions about how to dress. That is so no matter where they live, what their culture is, or what the climate is. We do not need detailed lists saying which styles of dress are acceptable and which are objectionable. Rather, we are guided by Scriptural principles that allow room for personal preferences. w16.09 3:3, 4

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

"A woman must not put on the clothing of a man, nor should a man wear the clothing of a woman. For anyone doing so is detestable to Jehovah your God." --- Deut 22:5

This WT comment reminded me of Ellen Degeneres, who as a popular celebrity and lesbian, has essentially made cross dressing acceptable and even respectable to her fans and heterosexual audience. However, I've also seen on T.V. a young gay man, whose name I don't know, dressed in such a feminized way, that it seemed ludicrous and almost laughable, if it weren't so disgusting. I imagine this too, in the near future, would be acceptable and perhaps even respectable from a worldly viewpoint, if the end doesn't come first.

The Bible says it's detestable to Jehovah. Is that how we view it?

Edited by minister159

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley