JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Friday, August 31 While [Josiah] was still a boy, he started to search for the God of David his forefather; and in the 12th year, he started to cleanse Judah and Jerusalem of the high places and the sacred poles.​—2 Chron. 34:3.

Friday, August 31

While [Josiah] was still a boy, he started to search for the God of David his forefather; and in the 12th year, he started to cleanse Judah and Jerusalem of the high places and the sacred poles.—2 Chron. 34:3.

Josiah was zealous in doing what pleased God. Like Josiah, young ones should start to seek Jehovah from an early age. Repentant King Manasseh may have taught Josiah about God’s mercy. Young ones, draw close to faithful older ones in your family and in the congregation and learn how good Jehovah has been to them. Also, remember that the reading of the Scriptures touched Josiah’s heart and moved him to take action. Your reading of the Word of God may move you to take action that will increase your happiness and strengthen your friendship with God as well as spur you on to help others to search for God. (2 Chron. 34:18, 19) A study of the Bible may also help you to notice ways that you can improve in your service to God. If you do, apply yourself, just as Josiah did. w17.03 3:18, 19

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Its interesting that Josiah's heart condition was already ripe and looking for Jehovah from a very young age. What role Manasseh played, we don't know, but it really does underscore how those formulative years 0-5, before they get into the school system are some if not the most important years we can give our children. From that point we really are competing with Satan for their attention.

I've hope my three children will return to the truth before that door closes. I regret not taking those formulative years prior to school quite as seriously as I ought have. Work, providing for family, its hard to keep your head where it needs to be. We can see why there's so much encouragement to read the bible daily as a family, and a weekly family worship evening, where the family pulls together.

This is a positive post, in that, I know many are like me, hope for the best, knowing Jehovah is both just and the God of mercy.

On 8/31/2018 at 4:42 AM, Mini said:

I've hope my three children will return to the truth before that door closes. I regret not taking those formulative years prior to school quite as seriously as I ought have. Work, providing for family, its hard to keep your head where it needs to be. We can see why there's so much encouragement to read the bible daily as a family, and a weekly family worship evening, where the family pulls together.

This is a positive post, in that, I know many are like me, hope for the best, knowing Jehovah is both just and the God of mercy.

I am in the same position as you, my three never took the truth, to begin with.  One is showing progress, but sometimes it is so miniscule I wonder if it even matters.  I wept so very hard when the video 'These words must be on your heart' came out.  It had me begging Jehovah for another shot at trying to get them all under one roof and hopefully influence them positively. I got that opportunity.  Yet, they still did not choose to serve Jehovah.  In fact, in some circumstances, it became even worse.  So please don't assume that had your work been more diligent in the past that the future may have been different.  You just can't know this.

My constant prayer is that Jehovah mold their hearts and incline their thinking toward him.  My prayers for Jehovah to do the same for your children.  

One of the most encouraging things ever said to me was that my fine conduct could go a long way in attracting them back to where they belong.  The fact that I was doing what Jehovah required of me also provided them with concrete evidence that Jehovah's way is a better way.  I would also be in the best position to help them when they did return if I focused on being the strongest I could considering the circumstances.  Since that time, I have tried to work on keeping my faith so strong so that I can render assistance even at the last minute if need be.  I want to prove to be one of those virgin types who doesn't just bring enough oil to get through the night, but have a whole vat of it just waiting in the wings closeby so I can lend some of it.  

If you ever watched I Love Lucy..... you can imagine me doing this: 

https://goo.gl/images/GaoWQf