JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sunday, September 30 Commit your way to Jehovah; rely on him, and he will act in your behalf.​—Ps. 37:5.

Sunday, September 30

Commit your way to Jehovah; rely on him, and he will act in your behalf.—Ps. 37:5.

When we face problems that seem too much for us to deal with, it may be easy to see the need to rely on Jehovah. But what do we do when we have to cope with smaller issues of daily life? Do we resort to human thinking by trying to solve them in our own way? Or do we look for Bible principles and try to apply them, thus showing that we rely on Jehovah’s way to solve problems? For example, on occasion you may face some opposition from your family regarding attending meetings or an assembly. You ask Jehovah to direct you and help you discern the best way to handle the situation. Or what if you lose your job, and you are having difficulty finding another? When speaking with a prospective employer, would you still inform him that you will be attending weekday meetings regularly? Whatever the problem may be, we do well to heed the words of the psalmist who said the words of today’s text. w17.03 4:6

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

This scripture was in a recent article I was listening too. I paused it while I meditated on it a little. Just in this last week or so I must have come accross it 5 times. Its funny how scriptures will strike you as important different times in your life.
This one is important to me at the moment because my husband and I are in the midst of changing our lives from family, full time workers to a couple of pioneers.
We have been a work in progress for nearly 5 years now . Down to the last 6 months and we know if we are to reach our goal of pioneering where there is need then we need jehovahs help. We cannot do this alone.
So for 20 odd yrs we have almost forgotten that jehovah will help us.
Im learning patients,. Jehovah sure isnt acting when I wish him too. But i am confident that he will act. We will reach our goal because we have committed to him.
Love this scripture. I quote it daily to myself as I wait on jehovah.

Anyway I gues that isnt really interesting to most. But i just wanted to share.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I get the sense that there are a lot of US who have been brought up in the truth or have been in the truth for some time, we've got ourselves a little lost -and not forgotten Jehovah but haven't relied on him like we should have, have been applying recent counsel to include Jehovah even in the small things in our lives, and it seems to be motivating more than a few to increase their spiritual activity and even start or return to pioneering. It's so encouraging to see. 

And it's right, if you are walking with Jehovah daily when the big things come along, you don't panic, you don't change focus - you roll it ontoJehovah and let him sort it - (once we have done all we can of course).

Thank you for your encouragement and you too Vernalee for faithfully posting this where we can have an interchange of positive comments.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."