JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

US will build up nuclear arsenal until Russia, China come to their senses – Trump

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1982 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Tensions before Peace and Security?

US President Donald Trump threatned Russia and China that Washington intends to build up its nuclear arsenal until “people come to their senses.”

The president said his words were directed towards Moscow and Beijing, as he prepared to unilaterally leave the Intermediate Nuclear Forces in Europe (INF) treaty.

Russia has not adhered to the agreement,” neither in form or in spirit, Trump told reporters outside the White House on Monday, before departing for a campaign rally in Texas.

Until people come to their senses, we will build it up

he said, referring to the US nuclear arsenal. “When they do, we will all be smart and we’ll stop. Not only stop, but we’ll reduce, which I’d love to do.”

Asked if this should be taken as a threat, Trump said yes.

It’s a threat to whoever you want. It includes China, it includes Russia

The US has “more money than anyone else by far,” Trump added, implying an arms race wouldn’t come as a burden. “You can’t play that game on me.”

https://www.rt.com/usa/441966-us-will-build-up-nuclear-arsenal/

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I am ever so grateful for the training that we routinely receive. Thankful beyond words, actually. 

Maybe I'm weird, and that's fine, I'll own it, but I am way more afraid of this system as it is than what it's going to take to end it. I am so ready for this horrible system and everyone's suffering to be over with that I have to routinely pray for the patience that I don't find naturally.