JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

SPECIAL REPORT: State-Sponsored Persecution of Jehovah’s Witnesses Continues

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1839 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

28 Page Booklet (pdf) available for download:

https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/russia/special-report-20190322/

This report provides recent information on criminal trials, imprisonment, property confiscation, and police raids on homes of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia.390857d5b6680f10044d52a81cf44559.jpgd7fab894603fa87e47002b4922bc9c92.jpg

Just Older

No one has been caught.  The ATF is investigating.  I haven't looked at all the comments but two Kingdom Halls in Olympia and Lacey WA which are part of the same area, have been burned down and there have been other attacks including a Kingdom Hall in Yelm 45 minutes away being shot up and later set on fire.

Sorry I meant to post this somewhere else.

Edited by JW2017

This was a HARD read.  I forced myself to do it though because even though the details are appauling, I felt it was important that I know EXACTLY what my brothers and sisters are going through.  I had to stop and sob a couple of times while reading this, but believe me - my prayers will be a lot more detailed in relation to our family members in Russia now. I wish the international community would be more "up in arms" over what is going on over there - or even Mr. Putin.  What he says and what he does are two different things.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

There is a reason the Slave is shining a light on this.  By continuing to expose what Russia is doing, the goal is to get the world community to provide some relief, perhaps even soften Russia's stance.  

(Revelation 12:16) . . .But the earth came to the woman’s help, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the river that the dragon spewed out from its mouth. 

*** re chap. 27 pp. 185-186 pars. 29-30 God’s Kingdom Is Born! ***
29 Relief arrived from an unexpected source: “But the earth came to the woman’s help, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the river that the dragon disgorged from its mouth. And the dragon grew wrathful at the woman, and went off to wage war with the remaining ones of her seed, who observe the commandments of God and have the work of bearing witness to Jesus.” (Revelation 12:16, 17) “The earth”—elements within Satan’s own system of things—began to swallow up “the river,” or “flood.” During the 1940’s the Witnesses gained a series of favorable decisions in the United States Supreme Court, and from ruling powers in some other lands, that upheld freedom of worship. Finally, the Allied nations swallowed up the Nazi-Fascist juggernaut, to the relief of the Witnesses who had suffered under cruel dictatorships. Persecutions did not stop altogether, for the wrath of the dragon has continued until today, and he keeps up the war against those who “have the work of bearing witness to Jesus.” In many lands, loyal Witnesses are still in prison, and some still die because of their integrity. But in some of these lands, the authorities from time to time relax their pressure, and the Witnesses enjoy a greater measure of freedom. Thus, in fulfillment of the prophecy, the earth continues to swallow up the river of persecution.

30 In this way, the earth has provided sufficient relief to allow God’s work to spread to some 235 lands and produce over six million faithful preachers of the good news. Along with the remaining ones of the woman’s seed, a great international crowd of new believers is observing the commandments of God as to separateness from the world, clean morals, and love of the brothers, and they are witnessing to the Messianic Kingdom. Their integrity answers Satan’s reproachful challenge, so that the death knell is sounded for Satan and his system of things.—Proverbs 27:11.

By exposing Russian persecution, perhaps history can repeat.

Its a tough read for sure and I'm sure the brothers have spared us the Most graphic details.  I know the recent torture victims testify to being water boarded and electrocuted in the genitals.  I refused to let myself cry and when I felt like I would I just closed my eyes and pictured:

Jesus ready for battle... next to him are about 134, 000 of his brothers many of whom have suffered physical torture even to death themselves.  Some of them have personal friends down there and all of them are more than ready to stop the mouths of those that mock God's beautiful, glorious name.  Then there is Gabriel and the other angels behind them, maybe even Hezikiahs angel (and we know what he can do) , there are the four angels holding back the destructive winds and above them all, serene as ever, surrounded by a emerald glowing rainbow of light is Jehovah Himself. 

Jesus frowns a little as he watches the torture and suffering in Russia and turns to makes eye contact with his Father.  Then He nods, and turns back to survey the scene... He knows with that single look  what Jehovah is thinking ...."Not quite yet,...but SOON!"

Edited by sunshine