JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

‘Church’ to offer ‘miracle cure’ despite FDA warnings against drinking bleach

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1824 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/apr/19/church-group-to-hold-washington-event-despite-fda-warnings-against-miracle-cure

I'm not sure what to think of this one. On one hand the title makes you think they've lost their marbles and another thing religion is doing. On the other hand.... I've used MMS, grandma used it as well and if not for the fact it made her ill to detox, would have kept using it for her cancer. Other family has used it too and I've read Humbles book. But...

Humble and other people never referred to themselves as a church or tried to forcefully publicize it like they're doing. I just wonder what grandma would have thought of this article if she were still around. 

Edited by Nirex

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

What is the medical reason for drinking bleach? Because it sounds a bit like snake oil to me...

This group calls themselves a “non-religious Church” on their website, whatever that means.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

44 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

This group calls themselves a “non-religious Church” on their website, whatever that means.

Apparently this is a thing, I just looked it up. It is for people who like the feeling of belonging and whatever other positives come from that environment, but don't want to hear about God. 

The headline attraction of Saturday’s event in Leavenworth is Mark Grenon, a self-appointed “bishop” of the Genesis II Church. He is author of a book titled Imagine A World Without Dis-Ease: Is It Possible?

We know full well that the only way we will have a world without disease is by Jehovah, I would hope no JW's would attend this event.

This weeks headline says, "‘Church’ to offer ‘miracle cure’ despite FDA warnings against drinking bleach" - who knows, next week's headline could read, "Church facing massive law suits over results from 'miracle cure' where many got sick and some died".

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

6 hours ago, Qapla said:

We know full well that the only way we will have a world without disease is by Jehovah, I would hope no JW's would attend this event.

This weeks headline says, "‘Church’ to offer ‘miracle cure’ despite FDA warnings against drinking bleach" - who knows, next week's headline could read, "Church facing massive law suits over results from 'miracle cure' where many got sick and some died".

Sorry, I wasn't advocating it or anything. I  hope no one got that impression. I was just saying that back when my family decided to try it, it was something created/discovered by one guy named Jim Humble, and you could read his book and decide for yourself whether to believe the pseudo science behind it or not (we did) and try it.That was 2006 when it came out, 2008 or 09 when I read the book.

There was no church, or giant following or mass arguments on both sides, it wasn't even that widely known. It seems to have become a monster o.o

Edited by Nirex

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

The Guardian is known to be anti-alternative medicine. I often see its reports bashing "snake oil quacks". 

Under FDA rules, Chinese medicine and many other treatment methods used in other parts of the world would be considered as "quackery". 

As for MMS, it does have its own merits. I have used it against certain infections and it works. It is said to be super effective against Malaria, for example. The Red Cross has used it in Africa for that purpose.  

Even Bill Gates said he would support it after seeing its efficacy if FDA gave a green light, but it will never do so because it seems to be in the pocket of the US pharm mafia. 

Edited by Bek

MMS contains a 28% solution of sodium chlorite. which, when mixed with an acid such as citrus juice, produces chlorine dioxide (ClO2), a potent bleach used for stripping textiles and industrial water treatment. High oral doses, such as those recommended in MMS labeling, can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and symptoms of severe dehydration. Sodium chlorite is not legal to sell for human consumption, and legitimate suppliers of the chemical include a warning sheet stating that it can cause potentially fatal side effects if swallowed. MMS's discovery is attributed to Jim Humble, a former "research engineer."

https://www.quackwatch.org/02ConsumerProtection/FDAActions/mms/mms.html

On the other hand... 

Powerful Disinfection in Water Treatment

Chlorine dioxide is a disinfectant. When added to drinking water, it helps destroy bacteria, viruses and some types of parasites that can make people sick, such as Cryptosporidium parvum and Giardia lamblia.

https://www.chemicalsafetyfacts.org/chlorine-dioxide/

So, it looks like it is the level of chlorine-dioxide that makes it toxic.  Small quantities are acceptable as an additive.

Can chlorine dioxide be dissolved in water?
One of the most important qualities of chlorine dioxide is its high water solubility, especially in cold water. Chlorine dioxide does not hydrolyze when it enters water; it remains a dissolved gas in solution. Chlorine dioxide is approximately 10 times more soluble in water than chlorine. Chlorine dioxide can be removed by aeration or carbon dioxide.

Read more: https://www.lenntech.com/processes/disinfection/chemical/disinfectants-chlorine-dioxide.htm#ixzz5lrxwCcRn

What are the disinfection applications of chlorine dioxide?

Drinking water treatment is the main application of disinfection by chlorine dioxide. Thanks to its adequate biocidal abilities, chlorine dioxide is also used in other branches of industry today. Example are sewage water disinfection, industrial process water treatment, cooling tower water disinfection, industrial air treatment, mussel control, foodstuffs production and treatment, industrial waste oxidation and gas sterilization of medical equipment.

Read more: https://www.lenntech.com/processes/disinfection/chemical/disinfectants-chlorine-dioxide.htm#ixzz5lryPAwYz

https://www.quora.com/What-could-drinking-bleach-mixed-with-water-do-to-you

20190422_192645.thumb.png.10e333ae74098c09e4e8d922af449e4f.png

Edited by Shawnster