Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Good video cameras


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, rocket said:

Sorry it didn't workout for you. I've never had a problem importing or exporting. I've never not finished a project. On my system it works fine.

Updated the software with the latest patch, now it crushes at the very start ...will not even launch ...wow ..tried to start several times with same result ...this is beyond unstable ....definitely going for refund.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, New World Explorer said:

Updated the software with the latest patch, now it crushes at the very start ...will not even launch ...wow ..tried to start several times with same result ...this is beyond unstable ....definitely going for refund.

 

Get a Mac 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Updated the software with the latest patch, now it crushes at the very start ...will not even launch ...wow ..tried to start several times with same result ...this is beyond unstable ....definitely going for refund.

 

Did you delete NGstudio in the Task manager before trying to restart?

1 minute ago, nzbeeker said:

What application are you having issues with bro?

None

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, rocket said:

I use win 7, i7-3820 @360 GHz 16GB Ram 64 bit Home

Intel Core i7 4790 @ 3.60GHz    64bit
Haswell 22nm Technology

 

SSD drive (solid) 16GB RAM

27 minutes ago, nzbeeker said:

Get a Mac 😉

Saving money LOL (I am seriously considering this)

Cutting down on donuts to save extra cents....:wall:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Yes, not running there, still fails to launch ..don't worry Lynn - I have no choice but to get rid off the software. (Unfortunately)

There is an easy fix for this as I have read on the Pinnacle Forum of others having this problem. I think it has to do with the import of a video file. Before returning the software I would put your problem before the Pinnacle Forum Moderators.  They are simi-professional videographers and are a whole lot more help than Corel's help line.  I think all that needs done is deleting a hidden Pinnacle file in an app folder. This folder is regenerated upon opening the Studio app.  When the program comes across a corrupted or incompatable video file it may hickup. I have never had this problem but I don't use GoPro type camera's either. I take the video file directly from the camera to the computer and if the Studio program recognizes it then it is usually good to go.

 

The following link may help. 

http://www.pinnaclestudio.info/page29.html

Edited by rocket
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, rocket said:

There is an easy fix for this as I have read on the Pinnacle Forum of others having this problem. I think it has to do with the import of a video file. Before returning the software I would put your problem before the Pinnacle Forum Moderators.  They are simi-professional videographers and are a whole lot more help than Corel's help line.  I think all that needs done is deleting a hidden Pinnacle file in an app folder. This folder is regenerated upon opening the Studio app.  When the program comes across a corrupted or incompatable video file it may hickup. I have never had this problem but I don't use GoPro type camera's either. I take the video file directly from the camera to the computer and if the Studio program recognizes it then it is usually good to go.

 

The following link may help. 

http://www.pinnaclestudio.info/page29.html

Thank you for that, I am at the stage where program refuses even to start, after update, can’t even get into the software...all I get is around 10 seconds of software trying to launch and it stops working. 

So it’s not a question if my “car can drive 12 km on first gear only, my car does not start” 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you follow the instructions in the link above for a full reset the program will start. The program will not be deleted. There is a few more twinks you can do after that to make the program more combatable with your computer. The program is designed to work with different systems with built in twinks that need to be turned on or off. It is simple once you learn the program.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, rocket said:

If you follow the instructions in the link above for a full reset the program will start. The program will not be deleted. There is a few more twinks you can do after that to make the program more combatable with your computer. The program is designed to work with different systems with built in twinks that need to be turned on or off. It is simple once you learn the program.

Just got email that my refund was processed, I am no longer owner of the program.

I will look for alternatives ...perhaps even jumping to MAC Final Cut...(I'll start "negotiations" with my wife now LOL :facepalmpo2::whistling:)

 

Thank you Lynn for your ongoing support :thumbsup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2019 at 8:18 AM, rocket said:

I also find Prodad Mercalli4.0 to be a superior stabilizing software.

I fully agree, currently testing the software with the view to purchase stand alone version, and I am impressed! ...ok I love it.

Expensive though ...:wall:

They are running discounted price at the moment ....but, hey even after discount it's quite a bit.

This "thing" stabilized my videos that I considered unusable.

 

I will be doing some video/photo production for local arrangements in relation to IC delgates - so I may use that as a excuse to purchuse the software

I got ok from my wife to get new camera, so I need to keep pushing ...LOL :lol1:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

I fully agree, currently testing the software with the view to purchase stand alone version, and I am impressed! ...ok I love it.

Expensive though ...:wall:

They are running discounted price at the moment ....but, hey even after discount it's quite a bit.

This "thing" stabilized my videos that I considered unusable.

 

I will be doing some video/photo production for local arrangements in relation to IC delgates - so I may use that as a excuse to purchuse the software

I got ok from my wife to get new camera, so I need to keep pushing ...LOL :lol1:

There is nothing else so powerful on the market and the results are amazing once you get the hang of it. Make sure that it will work with Apple Computer if your going that route. Watch as many of the Tuts as you can find, they are really helpful. Before long you will have an easy 5,000 to 8,000 in your video editing system or quit while your ahead.   :lol1:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, rocket said:

Make sure that it will work with Apple Computer if your going that route.

Need to stick with Windows ...for now.

Took the Director Suite 365 subscription, learning the program - playing with color grading a bit..(it has tons of presets!)

https://www.cyberlink.com/index_en_US.html

 

So far I don't mind the program - need to progress from basic skills!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also ..just thinking right now of investing into Sony a6600 or lower a6500 as a secondary camera (B camera)

Why? IBIS (in body stabilization)

But the question is -- Is the IBIS good enough o stabilize the video?

Or is it just another marketing "shout" ?

If anyone can give me advice, that would be great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You might give Pinnacle Studio another shot.  The way the program works is that they upgrade every year by adding new things and improving others. It takes them most of a year and at least 3 Patches to get everything working as it should.  So Version 22U is for the most part as good as it will ever get. If you can find it, buy that one for around $60, configure it to your computer and then next summer when all the patch's come out and version 24U is about to be released buy version 23U.  This is the way most all Video platforms work. It goes on the market and the users find the bugs and they are fixed within a year. The purpose for this is because of the vast variety of systems. There are different graphics card in different Windows Systems and that creates problems. I have a NVIDA graphics card and  in the Control Panel I have to turn if off CUDA in PSU all versions for it to work properly. Others have INTEL or AMD. Some Systems run the Program with those turned on and some don't. There are other settings that need configured also and it is easy to do. For example in the Control Panel I select Balanced for preview. It is a lower quality preview but the setting prevents crashes a lot of the time. PS 23U works great on my system but at some point the program upgrades will not work on a Window 7 machine just as ver 23 will not work on Windows XP. Even though I have 16 GB of Ram I have to restart the computer often to finish complex videos. Having different file formats and sizes on the same timeline also creates problems.

 

I use a Cannon Vixia G10 for Mts  HD video and a Panasonic dc-fz80 for 4-k video.

Most camera stabilizer do not do much and can be a problem if using a tripod.  If windy it very difficult to get a stable stationary shot even with a tripod.  Mercalli fixes a lot of troublesome video.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, New World Explorer said:

I fully agree, currently testing the software with the view to purchase stand alone version, and I am impressed! ...ok I love it.

Expensive though ...:wall:

They are running discounted price at the moment ....but, hey even after discount it's quite a bit.

This "thing" stabilized my videos that I considered unusable.

 

I will be doing some video/photo production for local arrangements in relation to IC delgates - so I may use that as a excuse to purchuse the software

I got ok from my wife to get new camera, so I need to keep pushing ...LOL :lol1:

I have recently purchased a Sony FDR X3000, has mechanical stabilisation built in. Probably a totally different kind of thing to what you use. What kind of filming do you do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nzbeeker said:

I have recently purchased a Sony FDR X3000, has mechanical stabilisation built in. Probably a totally different kind of thing to what you use. What kind of filming do you do?

Mostly travel and family stuff, and I am known for "shaky effect" in the videos that I have natural talent to produce LOL 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I video scenery, gardening and vacations. I don't put a lot on the Internet but I do burn DVD's and Blu-ray disc. In addition I put on DVD the monthly broadcast, Gilead graduation and RC Videos for those who have no other way of watching.  For copies I use ImageBurn, a free program that does a superb job with a verify feature that insures the copies are an exact copy for the BD or VIDEO_TS Folder files.  Well over 100 disc a year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, rocket said:

I video scenery, gardening and vacations. I don't put a lot on the Internet but I do burn DVD's and Blu-ray disc. In addition I put on DVD the monthly broadcast, Gilead graduation and RC Videos for those who have no other way of watching.  For copies I use ImageBurn, a free program that does a superb job with a verify feature that insures the copies are an exact copy for the BD or VIDEO_TS Folder files.  Well over 100 disc a year.

Do you prefer Dvd and Blu ray as opposed to USB?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Do you prefer Dvd and Blu ray as opposed to USB?

For 4k video USB is the only option for the time being. DVD or Blu-ray is a cheaper way to go if you need copies for friends or family but I also use USB for archive as DVD's and Blu-ray last only so long.  My son is 27 and some of the DVD's I made when he was very young have problems playing now. At least one of them is so bad I cannot even rip the Video_TS file to remake it. Online cloud service is undependable too as one never knows how long they will be in business.  USB has to be Formatted for Video otherwise there is a file size restriction but that is easy to do, remembering to do it is the problem. A cheap USB is not so good for archiving videos as they only last so long also. The biggest mistake one can make with DVD or Blu-ray is to get the printable stick on labels. Buy printable disc and print directly to the disc. I use a Cheap Cannon TS9120 for that. The stick on labels will permanently warp a disc over a short period of time.

Examples of printable disc:

 

2019 10 JWB Program.JPEG

2019 RC Josiah.JPEG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, how pleasant the covers look on those DVD's!

This is what I describe job well done....

Looks like you have a lot of experience in this field ...I am "newcomer" in comparison.

What i meant with USB's is, that I would store the material permanently on 2 separate hard drives, and use USB as  "play from" option only.

 

But I like the look of your creation better... much better.. :thumbsup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 (ProDad company) just offered me the software for $229 Aussie dollars .. the lowest price I ever seen on the internet.

I think I am going to buy it... (Full price $299 US, I have seen third party re-seller BH Photo for $189 US)

https://www.prodad.com/Video-Stabilization-for-Professionals/Mercalli-V4-SAL-Windows-29795,l-us.html#buy

 

What you think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 21.9.8 (changelog)