JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Diamond Painting - My Completed Projects

Diamond Paintings because of their 'sparkle' are quite difficult to photograph. So forgive any wonky photography on my part.

My Sister Andi ... (IceWolf) actually started this with me ooh probably a year ago? The Rose was the gift she gave me and the one that got me hooked.

I enjoy Diamond Painting because it's relaxing, I can listen to music, the broadcasting and other videos while I'm doing it ... and you have a lovely painting at the end to frame for yourself or to gift to family and friends. 

These are almost impossible to generate a business from unless you are selling the kits - it is very time intensive and each one takes from a few weeks to months to accomplish ... only the partial or very small ones might take a few hours.

AFRICAN LADY

The first one pictured is an "African Lady" - I want to do a series of these as these ladies are stunning. This from memory was a 20 cm x 30 cm Canvas, not huge - in fact I prefer bigger ones, but it hasn't come out blurred like many smaller patterns do. I'm quite pleased with this. This is a round drill. 

NB: Round drills are easier to work with than squares, but often square result in a more defined end result.

GREEN PEACOCK

This is my pride and joy - it's taken quite a few months to accomplish this - having said that I only did it in the evenings or weekends when/if I had the time. It's quite breathtaking in real life ... looks almost 3D in parts.

It was done with round drills. The size is  70 cm x 110 cm high ... so is the size of a good table. Tom made the frame it's currently sitting and I'm working on framing it with mixed media ... including bark and moss will put a finished photo up when frame is complete.

HEDGY

Now, this one is a challenge, it is a square drill one. This took my heart, because my friend loves hedgehogs and her hubby has just been diagnosed with Luekemia, so thought this would make a lovely gift for her. The last quarter was finished by my study Dal - and it is beautiful. All I have to do now is paint up the edges and frame it for my friend.

This is a 50 cm x 50 cm - so big, but not too big.

75478458_2427863234092579_6181026665628434432_o.jpg

75394796_2427863104092592_1689228929782513664_o.jpg

72419214_2427863160759253_8361756328321875968_o.jpg

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Next ones:

THE ROSE

This one was my first one - the Rose ... it has square drills so was really difficult for my first, but was and am very pleased with end result. Very pretty. In the process of framing when i get a chance.

This is a 30 cm x 40 cm

THE ITALIAN STORY

My current Project - The Italian Village - this is what the photograph looks like - not the Diamond Painting - so it will be a representation of it.

I will post the finished DP when completed.

This one is almost as big as the Green Peacock. - it's 120 cm x 60 cm - so longer but not as wide. I have to say that this one needs to be bigger again to get all the detail in - so if I come across one even bigger - I will definitely think about it.

I will post more I've completed when I get the chance. But if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

73313841_2427863177425918_5850653327339028480_o.jpg

Screenshot_2019-07-02-08-11-19.png

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

• 2 weeks later...

Those are beautiful. 

I watched just one video so far on YouTube. Anxious to give it a try. But have to wait a few weeks to get everything. 

Already got the perfect place to set it all up. 😁

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Exciting!! If you got from Wish they can get there really quickly - like my felting kit got here within two weeks - but others take ages - hope yours is the former.

The interesting thing is with Diamond painting ... is it teaches you the art of shading and merging colour ...like your dog for instance first glance a lot of black - but you will be surprised at the shades of grey you will get in  your kit.

Same with white.

Checkout the 'checkerboard' technique on youtube for bigger blocks of colour ... it keeps the rows straighter and it is more interesting.

If you can't find it - it's really just placing the drills in a checkerboard pattern then coming back and filling in the gaps.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2019 at 4:14 PM, Loopy said:

This is going to be the first one I’m going to try.....whenever it gets here. 😁

2145F939-AB62-4727-A3A2-CEEED563CE54.jpeg

I finally got it!

But now I have to wait till Friday ☹️ to get the storage containers I ordered from Amazon. 

O I got that lamp thingy too along with the picture thingy. 

I’m not excited at all to get started. Nope, not me. Calm as ever. 🥴 🤪

Welp, I finished from right to left the Border Collie portion and of course the border on the right side.

I love this. 

Course if it was a bigger size it would have taken lot longer. 

i don’t know f it’s a very good picture tho.

E7CCC646-0D00-425F-B74C-5CB7E2B3BBF0.jpeg

Yes! But as usual once I get started on a hobby I don’t want to stop. Thankfully I spent the morning working on my mid week meeting lessons. 

I will have questions about finishing one of these...like what is used to lock these diamonds in.

But that’s later. 😁

I listen to a mix of our music on YouTube all day.  Love not having regular TV anymore.

A brother comes on the video and plays the organ. Wow! He has 4 organs stair stepped in a room. Boy can he play. 

There’s “JHHein” sometimes that shows up. Don’t know if that’s the talented brother that has the beautiful pictures on the video or the brother that does the organ. O well. Love it and that’s what’s important. 🌺

8 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

I use a firim hold hairspray - doesn't lose the sparkle.

I have broadcastings etc going while I'm doing mine.

Hair spray? 

Use to gag me when mom sprayed her hair with that stuff. 😁

Nothing like Mod Podge..High Gloss......would something like that work?

If you research it - the girls who do DP's tried Mod Podge and High Glosses - but they all dulled the final effect - Hairspray works well for me.

Youtube vids. 

Edited by Stormswift

• 2 weeks later...

First off, I finished that Border Collie one a couple weeks ago or so. Haven’t flattened or sprayed yet. But the beads are all in. 😁

Now I’m working on a new one. 

Anyway, I had a couple colors where many of the diamonds were stuck together. Yeah, 2 was stuck together bottom to bottom. I tried rubbing between 2 fingers. Didn’t work. I contacted Heartful Diamonds and asked for replacements. 

The lady said others have had similar issue and they used a blender 😳 to separate them. It WORKED like a charm. Both the lady and I were very happy.

Have you ever had this issue? 

B651401D-4894-44C0-AD38-C534F0C829DA.jpeg

Yes sometimes the static builds up in the plastic and they can clump - simply get another empty tray and put on top and gently wiggle the tray - which will break up the clumps. 

The problem usually starts at the beginning line - and they are either produced and bagged wrong or when we transfer them from the bags we receive to our own plastic bags - and leave it in sunny areas - it sweats and can cause clumping.

• 1 month later...

Well, I showed a couple friends yesterday 2 of my completed projects. Especially the Border Collie. One of the friends was just the sister/wife of the brother who absolutely adores Border Collies. 

I showed her it because I needed to know if she/he would really like it.  O my goodness! Not to worry! 😁 

Course this led to all sorts of questions. LOL 

Well, I just got off the phone with Teri and she asked if I’d like to go to another sister’s house on Monday and show them how it’s done.

But that’s not even the greatest part of this. 

Teri already ordered a kit and should hopefully have it by Friday (tomorrow). 

A couple other sisters are coming for association as well. 

So now I have to figure out a safe way to transport. LOL 😆 

sorry for the long drawn out post. 🌺

It's such a sociable hobby this. Transport I put onto those coathangers with bulldog like clips. And transport them like you would a suit. Put a stiff bit of cardboard behind them.

Will be a little :offtopic:  😁

What a wonderful time of association with “friends” we had this morning. 😁 Nothing like getting out of the house and having great association outside our congregation duties.

Teri brought her first diamond kit. She put the diamonds in her tiny boxes. Unfortunately she got the box where 4 little containers are stuck together. Warned her to be careful about that. LOL They’re so tiny. Also warned her about clumsy fingers getting all tangled up and making a mess of those diamonds.

Theresa and I had worked out in service one morning a week ago or so and we were talking about having no “real” close friends in the congregation. So together we fixed that problem. I finally have a sister that actually messages and texts with me back and forth. Nice to finally have a “friend” that actually communicates with me even if it’s just silly stuff. 

Cherie and Theresa brought their yarn projects.

Cheryl, the sister whose house we were at worked on her cross stitch project. Well, till she decided to put it down and just enjoyed joining us crazies in laughing and talking. 

O my goodness we sounded like a bunch of cackling hens. 😁😁😁 We sure had fun. It was wonderful hearing Cheryl laugh. Healthwise she’s been thru so much along with the death of her husband last year. 

Anyway, back to diamond painting. Teri loves it. She already saw another picture she wants to get…after this project is done. 😁😁😁 Theresa…Nope, doesn’t have the patience. Cherie, I think she’s hooked as well.

We’ll be getting together next Monday as well. 

Should be a lot more of those times ... everyone just chilling doing what they enjoy doing. I'm so pleased you are enjoying the craft.

There's always tiles left over - I'm considering making pet rocks and using them to design things like butterflies and stuff on the rocks.

• 1 month later...

Well, I couldn’t resist. I showed Friends Just Call Me Ross her Diamond Painting. Hoping she would like it.

and she did. But I had to apologize for it being kind of small.30 cm x 30 cm. Was only about the second one I had ordered. 

Now I just have to wait for warmer weather to actually completely finish it.   And of course this virus thing to disappear.

030A444B-45F4-42D4-9EAD-B9003988509D.jpeg