JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

China’s newest tourist attraction

China’s newest tourist attraction.............a glass-bottomed walkway around the cliff! Brave tourists looking to test their nerves have flocked to China to walk across the dazzling glass bridge suspended from the cliff. The oriental Skywalk is situated 4,700 ft above sea level on the side of the Tianmen Mountain in Zhangjiajie, China. In order to keep the glass path clean, tourists are asked to put on shoe covers before passing.

83524=4689-China1.jpg

83524=4690-China2.jpg

83524=4691-china3.jpg Dazzling: A glass path suspended on a cliff face has been built on the side of the Tianmen Mountain in China.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Don’t look down: A brave tourist walks along the glass path that was built on the side of a cliff, 4,700 ft above sea level on Tianmen Mountain in Zhangjiajie, China The 200 ft long bridge joins the West cliff at the Yunmeng Fairy Summit, the summit of Tianmen Mountain and Zhangjiajie. The pathway, built earlier in the summer, echoes the glass-bottomed walkway at the Grand Canyon in the U.S. The 70 ft bridge is 4,000 ft above the natural wonder and allows tourists to look through 2.5 in of crystal-clear glass to the Canyon floor below. The Tianmen Mountain, literally translated as Heavenly Gate Mountain is so called because of a huge natural cave that occurs halfway up to the summit.

83525=4692-china4.jpg Stunning: The Skywalk offers breathtaking views across the Hunan Province for those brave enough to attempt to cross the bridge. Situated in the Hunan Province, its highest peak is around 5,000 ft above sea level and it is home to a wealth of rare species of plants. A four mile long cable car was constructed in the park, which is said to be the longest of the same type in the world. The futuristic glass walkway is a marked upgrade from another sky high mountain walkway located in the same province.

83525=4693-China5.jpg

83525=4694-China6.jpg

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Not so high spec: Workers built a 3 ft wide plank road on the side of the Shifou Mountain in Hunan Province, China, earlier this year.

83526=4695-China7.jpg

83526=4696-China8.jpg

Soon .....

:perplexed:

Okay, I'm sorry to say this, but this will NEVER be a walk I take (unless Jehovah himself has sent an angel to HOLD MY HAND) I was in the CN tower in Toronto and they have a small square of glass and I just couldn't bring myself to walk on it......

I am entirely creeped out by those DUDES out there building it - it doesn't even look like they have safety harnesses!

AIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE!:cry:

Safety Harness ???!!!!! :S I know right - :crackwhip: I took this while I was in Hong Kong

83533=4698-Bamboo.JPG All of the scaffolding (including what you see in the pictures above - was of bamboo tied together with plastic straps :eek: The ones in Hong Kong went up 40 or 50 stories like that - AMAZING! Imagine working on that.

83533=4699-bamboo2.JPG

Soon .....