JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Historic Commemoration of Christ’s Death

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1473 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This has to be significant.

We don’t know what it means, but we do know that the long awaited Paradise isn’t far off, and that this world is heading there quickly.

Even worldly journalists agree that the world after this virus will not look the same, one wrote like this:

“Viruses surprise us.

Who knew that Zika could be transmitted sexually? Who knew that Ebola can linger in people's eyes? We don't know if Covid-19 is seasonal, like the flu. (And remember -- the flu doesn't disappear in warmer weather; the numbers just drop dramatically.)

We don't know if Covid-19 will return in the fall. This is a new virus and it is teaching us what it is and what it will do.”

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/04/politics/what-matters-april-3/index.html

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

9 hours ago, Thesauron said:

We don’t know what it means, but we do know that the long awaited Paradise isn’t far off, and that this world is heading there quickly.

Even worldly journalists agree that the world after this virus will not look the same, one wrote like this:

“Viruses surprise us.

Who knew that Zika could be transmitted sexually? Who knew that Ebola can linger in people's eyes? We don't know if Covid-19 is seasonal, like the flu. (And remember -- the flu doesn't disappear in warmer weather; the numbers just drop dramatically.)

We don't know if Covid-19 will return in the fall. This is a new virus and it is teaching us what it is and what it will do.”

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/04/politics/what-matters-april-3/index.html

This virus itself is just another pestilence, but for the Memorial to change like this on a global scale is what makes me wonder.

26 minutes ago, Bjern said:

This virus itself is just another pestilence, but for the Memorial to change like this on a global scale is what makes me wonder.

But the Memorial is only changing in its format in response to the virus, rules put in place by the governments for the protection of its citizens. Although, your point about the timing is indeed interesting on a global basis. Exciting times!

10 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Even worldly journalists agree that the world after this virus will not look the same ...

The same was true after WWI and WWI, HIV, the Twin Towers, mass shootings at schools, climate change .....

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

But the Memorial is only changing in its format in response to the virus, rules put in place by the governments for the protection of its citizens. Although, your point about the timing is indeed interesting on a global basis. Exciting times!

It seem like Satan tried to disrupt it and failed.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

The same was true after WWI and WWI, HIV, the Twin Towers, mass shootings at schools, climate change .....

Yes, although, this time it I like a plane crashed into every major city of the world, and people don’t really see a way out, it seems. Either you gamble with your population or your economy...

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

11 hours ago, Thesauron said:

this time it I like a plane crashed into every major city of the world

I like that illustration!

image.png.22ba70221d3274ed082666f98e86eafb.png

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

22 hours ago, Qapla said:

The camel can bear just so many straws.    .

Then one day along comes another straw. .  .one too many

The straw that broke the camels back.

We cannot know where this will lead but we know that with half the population of the earth in some form of lockdown we are living through an event that has never happened in the history of mankind before. While the earth has seen pandemics and those with worse mortality rates, there has never, not even in war, have so many people have been confined to their homes at the same time.  Only Jehovah knows whats next, but theres no doubt we are witnessing history in the making.

On 4/6/2020 at 1:03 PM, Dustparticle said:

I think the numbers of partakers might go down because of this historic change. No one is not coming off the streets to partake. Just my guess.

My thinking exactly, also Zoom meetings are by invitation and one must have the code to get in and also not everyone has wifi capabilities, it will be interesting to find out.

I keep seeing zoom but our congregation in FL are using webex anyone else? 

WebEx is another good video conferencing app from Cisco. It seems to me, Zoom is a bit easier to learn to use.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”