JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Covid-19 Vaccine Research, Development, Ingredients and Reactions

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 759 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

There is news of Vaccines now in trial phases! It might be of interest to other friends, besides me, to benefit from your friends' research as to how the RNA vaccines are developed, what raw materials are used..what other ingredients might be used. For instance, we know how eggs have been used as a medium, or insects. Please share your research, questions here! Thanks!

Edited by Shawnster

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

The Oxford Vaccine Group have begun testing a Vaccine called Chadox1 and are currently in phase two. And could be ready for use by September.

https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/study/NCT04324606

https://www.precisionvaccinations.com/vaccines/chadox1-ncov-19-vaccine

What is the Oxford vaccine candidate made of?

The vaccine candidate ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 is made from a weakened version of a common cold virus (adenovirus) that causes infections in chimpanzees, called ChAdOx1.

The adenovirus has been genetically changed so it is impossible for it to grow in humans.

Coronaviruses, such as the one that causes COVID-19, have an outer coat of protein spikes  – recognisable in images of the virus. These spikes are what attach to the proteins on human respiratory cells, enabling the virus to enter and infect them.

The researchers vaccine candidate contains the genetic code of the protein spikes found on the coronavirus. They hope this will make the body recognise and develop an immune response to the spike protein that will help stop COVID-19 from entering human cells and therefore prevent infection.

15 hours ago, Lewis said:

The Oxford Vaccine Group have begun testing a Vaccine called Chadox1 and are currently in phase two. And could be ready for use by September.

https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/study/NCT04324606

https://www.precisionvaccinations.com/vaccines/chadox1-ncov-19-vaccine

The vaccine candidate ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 is made from a weakened version of a common cold virus (adenovirus) that causes infections in chimpanzees, called ChAdOx1.

The adenovirus has been genetically changed so it is impossible for it to grow in humans.

Coronaviruses, such as the one that causes COVID-19, have an outer coat of protein spikes  – recognisable in images of the virus. These spikes are what attach to the proteins on human respiratory cells, enabling the virus to enter and infect them.

The researchers vaccine candidate contains the genetic code of the protein spikes found on the coronavirus. They hope this will make the body recognise and develop an immune response to the spike protein that will help stop COVID-19 from entering human cells and therefore prevent infection.

I guess the challenge is to address the mutations of this virus..such as Spike mutation.

https://www.thailandmedical.news/news/breaking-covid-19-warning-study-shows-of-spike-mutations-of-sars-cov-2,-making-it-more-transmissible-and-dangerous-the-reality-is-that-there-is-unlike

:confused:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Before I took a break from taking in any new coronavirus news, here's what I found out on various sites:

This states that Fauci postulates 12-18 months to make an effective vaccine
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/20/why-the-push-for-a-quick-coronavirus-vaccine-could-backfire-139854

However, data scientists applied ai to make a prediction on when this coronavirus pandemic will likeley end. I mean, it's likely based on the exponential growth rate typical of pandemics and isn't necessarily 100% accurate, but I think, could give a very good estimate of when the pandemic will likely end.
https://www.biotechniques.com/coronavirus-news/news_predicting-the-course-of-a-pandemic-when-will-covid-19-end/

So if the pandemic will likely end by the end of 2020 or early 2021 why are people acting like a virus is the ONLY way we can get back to living a normal life???
The Spanish flu took place during a time that, while vaccines existed for some diseases that could provide lifelong immunity, the flu shot wouldn't be developed for years, but things eventually got back to normal, despite the fact that the H1N1 flu mutated many times before flu shots became available.
I can't find the article now, but I do remember reading that many experts are starting to think that it's highly possible that a person can get lifelong immunity after catching the novel coronavirus.
But who are the people really pushing the vaccine? Isn't it Bill Illegal-Monopoly-on-technology Gates and the World Health Organization, who has been shown to put the interests of China above that of the rest of the world? I absolutely can't trust the motives of these people. No, I don't believe in this NWO mumbo jumbo, but I do believe these people likely have something to gain from pushing a vaccine that probably won't be safe enough to be distributed until after the pandemic has passed.

Edited by Katty

12-18 months is way optimistic.  The fastest vaccine development on record is the mumps vaccine and that took 4 years. 

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2020/04/why-coronavirus-vaccine-could-take-way-longer-than-a-year/

If the past is any indicator, the world won’t have a coronavirus vaccine for more than a year, probably longer. The mumps vaccine—considered the fastest ever approved—took four years to go from collecting viral samples to licensing a drug in 1967

Can somebody with some medical knowledge please explain this?

About Moderna

Moderna is advancing messenger RNA (mRNA) science to create a new class of transformative medicines for patients. mRNA medicines are designed to direct the body’s cells to produce intracellular, membrane or secreted proteins that can have a therapeutic or preventive benefit and have the potential to address a broad spectrum of diseases.

Do I understand correctly: in layman's terms, this means they are planning to inject something reminiscent of a virus into our system that enters affected cells and tells those affected cells to produce a protein that is intended to ward off or block connection for the wild virus. Is this correct?

Edited by ChocoBro

6 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

Can somebody with some medical knowledge please explain this?

Do I understand correctly: in layman's terms, this means they are planning to inject something reminiscent of a virus into our system that enters affected cells and tells those affected cells to produce a protein that is intended to ward off or block connection for the wild virus. Is this correct?

My understanding is that that is how vaccines work. They inject you with a harmless mild version of the virus that stimulates an immune response to the virus itself. 

I see it as artificial immunity. 

12 minutes ago, Bob said:

My understanding is that that is how vaccines work. They inject you with a harmless mild version of the virus that stimulates an immune response to the virus itself. 

I see it as artificial immunity. 

You didn't understand what I meant... let me rephrase. 

Standard vaccination: you are injected with broken parts or a weaker version of the "wild virus" and that floats around in your blood stream, provoking a reaction by the immune system and the development of "memory cells" to be better prepared to combat the "wild virus" when it arrives

mRNA vaccination: you are injected with a virus-style RNA strain that "infects" your cells and manipulates them into creating proteins that mimic the wild virus, but not a fully assembled virus, and your immune system is then trained to combat the "wild virus" (if I understood correctly)

So the new mRNA vaccination is in itself a virus so to speak, that tricks the body into creating the virus proteins instead of a wild virus, in effect, the mRNA vaccine is a type of genetic manipulation of the human body?? Because if that is true, then boy am I avoiding this thing like the plague. It's a big Monsanto Frankenstein experiment on the human race in that case, and I don't want to be one of their first guinea-pigs.

Edited by ChocoBro

Found this, it was back in 2009. Time flies...

https://www.thelocal.se/20120601/41180?_gl=1*1mk1tx9*_ga*eFFFUFZmUFU5MU5xcmg0dzlzbmpIOWlnWmVLYVByd0FlSUNiRDBnSDlnX1hQbkstQ1h4eWk4Rmx3Tk1JMHYxbA..

”A new Swedish study shows that all Swedes who developed narcolepsy from the swine flu vaccine Pandemrix received the vaccine from 12 of the 35 batches,”

I was right

People, we really need to do our research before going for any preventive measures to protect us from Covid19.... This is not an ordinary vaccine

In effect, if you take ModeRNA, you are subjecting yourself to a form of genetic modification in a sense.

Edited by ChocoBro

The first time use of anything IMHO should be done with caution. Right now things are fear driven. Let the world be afraid, Jehovah’s people need not be ; we have the resurrection. 
      I’m in no way an antivaxer but mRNA is an entirely new way to vaccinate and political forces are very keen to be the savior of humankind by being the first. So In my head I find myself quoting the various actors who played Bones on Star Trek decrying the transporter technology when thinking about this kind of vaccine. 

1 hour ago, ChocoBro said:

I was right

People, we really need to do our research before going for any preventive measures to protect us from Covid19.... This is not an ordinary vaccine

In effect, if you take ModeRNA, you are subjecting yourself to a form of genetic modification in a sense.

I heard about GMO food. But whats the side effects. 

1 hour ago, JennyM said:

I heard about GMO food. But whats the side effects. 

This is where we need to start being careful. You may have only heard one side of the GMO food debate.  People like to politicize everything and attacking GMO foods has become a way to stir up people to a particular cause.  If we are comparing new vaccine science to the GMO debate, then we can easily get just as confused. 

2 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

Why do you trust this YouTube video shot in this guy's garage? Who is he and what are his credentials? I agree with you about doing research but I would like to understand where we should turn for proper research? In this case, why do you feel YouTube is a credible source? 

33 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Why do you trust this YouTube video shot in this guy's garage? Who is he and what are his credentials? I agree with you about doing research but I would like to understand where we should turn for proper research? In this case, why do you feel YouTube is a credible source? 

Careful, Shawn, you may be working towards downplaying a severe issue here.

So I am not supposed to link to any videos on youtube at all? This is the other side of the "conspiracy strawman" argument. Suddenly, no information on the internet is supposedly sound at all? 

He is simply classifying in layman's terms what can be found on the website of moderna. You can look it up there, but you will hardly understand what it means when it says

mRNA is the set of instructions by which cells make all proteins and send them to various parts of the body.

mRNA medicines take advantage of normal biological processes to express proteins and create a desired therapeutic effect. 

https://www.modernatx.com/modernas-mrna-technology

This is the flimsy information you will find on the Moderna website. 

Here is another video that explains it. Sorry, it's also on youtube! But the more often you hear this, the more you will have to believe it. 

I personally don't care if you all want to be part of a big Monsanto-style expirement who am I to argue with you.... 

The RNA sequence codes for antigens, proteins that are identical or resembling those of the pathogen. Upon the delivery of the vaccine into the body, this sequence is translated by the host cells to produce the encoded antigens, which then stimulate the body’s adaptive immune system to produce antibodies against the pathogen.

Oh, but don't trust that either, that's from wikipedia and we all know how unreliable wikipedia is.

Go do your own research then and let me know what you come up with, I'm eager to know.

And when you realize this is real, ask yourself, why aren't the media telling people that this new vaccine is going to play around with the genetic code of their cells? Maybe because nobody in their right mind wants to be part of a "warp speed" Frankenstein experiment? 

28 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

So I am not supposed to link to any videos on youtube at all? This is the other side of the "conspiracy strawman" argument. Suddenly, no information on the internet is supposedly sound at all?

No, I didn't say that.  I was honestly asking a genuine question.  You are encouraging people to do research.  I also understand you enough that you do not put your trust in every word.  I'm also fairly confident that you do not believe that if something is on the Internet then it must be true.  At no time did I mention conspiracy or anything of that sort.  

With that understanding, I was asking what criteria you were using to determine which YouTube video to believe and which one to reject.  Anyone can make a YouTube video.  

4 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

which YouTube video to believe and which one to reject

My criteria is that the first one is just from a guy interested in science who is clearly not making a critical video, but is passionately interested and the second one is obviously by a news outlet also trying to advertise for this novel, new concept. 

The crazy thing is that they are hoping to vaccinate up to 7 billion people with this stuff and nobody even knows what it is, let alone the implications and side-effects. 

4 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

Is that worse than being bitten by a radioactive spider?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Onward with the thought: since there are now about 110 vaccine contenders worldwide and many are mRNA manipulators it follows that in many ( perhaps every) lands it may become national law requiring vaccination. 
     For practice: how would we apply Bible principals to the prospect of accepting such vaccinations?