JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New king James version restores Jehovah‘s name

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1423 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Why do the publishers acknowledge that Jehovah rightfully should be there,

instead of LORD,

but still leave LORD there, with (Jehovah) not all capitalized, and in parenthesis?

2133618841_ScreenHunter_03May_1911_54.gif.4e73b2d6c469107f1cf632d9f1c0cb28.gif  

I dost notteth getteth it.  If thou dost not putteth Jehovah's name in place of LORD,

why dost thou even bothereth to printeth another 'same ole same ole' archaic language Bible?

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

A thought cameth to me. ...he he he-eth :D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I'd say, just as the doctors and those in the health care business, they admit that there is a better way to take care of yourself besides taking all of the medications they prescribe but still tell you to take it to control the symptoms. Just so long as they get to earn benefits from prescribing the medication.  So it is with that version of the King James bible.  They admit Jehovah's name should be in the bible but doesn't bring him out as the Only true God! Using his name with ( )'s is belittling him as such. In a sense saying, yeah we know God's name but we still want the people to worship Jesus as Jehovah.

Just as the healthcare system wants us to take medications while it breaks down our bodies to treat the symptoms not the disease to cure it, as well as eat their unhealthy foods yet tell us to eat healthy when you have become addicted to the chemicals they have put into the food.  Thankfully so! We have hope and promise in Jehovah and his Kingdom.    

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

This arrangement puts the word "Lord" or "God" in the text, and then put "Jehovah", and the Hebrew Scripture reference from which it was quoted, in parentheses.  This is new, isn't it? When did they start doing that?   I remember when they used to just put "Jehovah" in the text. I am not objecting, especially since it still indicates that it came from the Hebrew Scriptures, and where, which is a great thing to point out, but just wondered when the change took place.

A nice mention of NWT in that post too. So often articles or websites like this don't include NWT on purpose, even though it's not the only one of its kind to put Jehovah's name in both the OT and NT, whereas many other bibles add made up verses or take them away altogether but are never pointed at and are listed as "authentic".

Edited by EccentricM