JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Friday, May 29 The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.​—1 John 5:19.

Friday, May 29

The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.—1 John 5:19.

Satan uses movies and television shows to spread his way of thinking. He understands that storytelling does much more than entertain us; it teaches us how to think, feel, and act. Jesus made good use of this method of teaching. Take, for example, his parables of the neighborly Samaritan and of the son who left home and wasted his inheritance. (Matt. 13:34;Luke 10:29-37; 15:11-32) However, those who are infected with Satan’s thinking can use storytelling to corrupt us. We need to be balanced. Movies and TV shows can entertain and educate us without contaminating our thinking. But we must be cautious. When choosing entertainment, we do well to ask ourselves, ‘Is this movie or TV show teaching me that it is all right to give in to my fleshly desires?’ (Gal. 5:19-21; Eph. 2:1-3) What should you do if you detect that a program is promoting satanic thinking? Avoid it as you would a contagious disease! w19.01 15-16 ¶6-7

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Another timely and valuable warning during lockdown regarding our viewing habits,

The infection from Satan, would be far worse than the Covid-19 infection. If we allow his infection to go untreated we could suffer permanent harm.

Satan wants us to become a rebel who ignores Jehovah’s standards and is motivated by selfishness. He surrounds us with people who are already corrupted by him. (1 John 5:19) Will we choose to spend time with them, even though we know that bad associations will “spoil” or “corrupt” the way we think and act?

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

Satan is really trying to cause a civil/race war across the  country here in the US, with the killing of unarmed black men by police, and regular everyday citizens. I am so glad that we know exactly who is behind all of this, and all of the other problems that is going on in the world. We have to stick to Jehovah and Jesus like glue, so not to get sucked into his web deception.

Satan is really trying to cause a civil/race war across the  country here in the US, with the killing of unarmed black men by police, and regular everyday citizens. I am so glad that we know exactly who is behind all of this, and all of the other problems that is going on in the world. We have to stick to Jehovah and Jesus like glue, so not to get sucked into his web deception.

Humans are not capable to rule!

Ecclesiastes 4:1-3
Again I turned my attention to all the acts of oppression that go on under the sun. I saw the tears of the oppressed, and there was no one to comfort them. And their oppressors had the power, and there was no one to comfort them. 2 And I congratulated the dead who had already died rather than the living who were still alive. 3 And better off than both of them is the one who has not yet been born, who has not seen the distressing deeds that are done under the sun.

Ecclesiastes 7:7 But oppression can drive the wise one into madness,