JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Monday, August 17 The one who conducts himself as a lesser one among all of you is the one who is great.​—Luke 9:48.

Monday, August 17

The one who conducts himself as a lesser one among all of you is the one who is great.—Luke 9:48.

Why is it a challenge to apply what we learn from God’s Word? One reason is that it takes humility to do what is right, and our ability to remain humble is under assault. In these “last days,” we are surrounded by people who are “lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty,” and “without self-control.” (2 Tim. 3:1-3) When selfish behavior is reported and even celebrated, a servant of God might despise such conduct but envy the results. (Ps. 37:1; 73:3) One might even wonder: ‘Is there any point in my putting others’ interests ahead of my own? If I conduct myself “as a lesser one,” might people lose respect for me?’ Allowing the world’s selfish spirit to influence us could harm the loving relationships we enjoy in the congregation and our identity as Christians. But we are rewarded when we study the good examples set out in the Bible and imitate them. w18.09 3 ¶1

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Join the conversation with your brothers and sisters!

You can post now, and then we will take you to the membership application. If you are already a member, sign in now to post with your existing account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.