JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Watchtower number 1 — 2021

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1330 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This picture for the WT looks fine ... it is possible that a similar picture may be used in other areas of the world with a different person dressed in different garb

The theme is

Thumb Signal Emoji Smiley Clip Art, PNG, 1024x1024px, Thumb Signal ...

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

8 hours ago, Qapla said:

it is possible that a similar picture may be used in other areas of the world with a different person dressed in different garb

wp_J_202101_lg.jpg

wp_KU_202101_lg.jpg

For African languages only apparently, I checked Indonesian, South American and Indian languages too but there is no change.

On 8/20/2020 at 10:46 PM, Romain said:

I kind of like the picture chosen pretty much.

What do you think of the picture? And of the theme?

Absolutely, great theme.  My personal preference would be a lighter picture, something like this perhaps....(from a 2017 WT)

3457CF02-DCD1-445E-82DD-87636BFB5302.jpeg

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

53 minutes ago, Chris7 said:

Absolutely, great theme.  My personal preference would be a lighter picture, something like this perhaps....(from a 2017 WT)

3457CF02-DCD1-445E-82DD-87636BFB5302.jpeg

I agree, but maybe the one chosen, darker, emphasizes the meaning and the importance of praying. Look how the man is concerned, maybe is he praying about something very important to him and hard to speak about. It show people how much praying can be helpful. 🙂

Edited by Romain

“maybe the one chosen, darker, emphasizes the meaning and the importance of praying. “Look how the man is concerned, maybe is he praying about something very important to him and hard to speak about. It show people how much praying can be helpful. 

Indeed, thanks Romain.  These are dark times

Edited by Chris7

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."