JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Fried Chicken

Chicken  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Someone mentioned "fried chicken" on another thread - with that in mind, when if comes to buying already cooked chicken which do you like the best?

• KFC
    • Bojangles'
    • Zaxby's
    • Chick-fil-A
    • Grocery Store
    • Other
    • Churches
    • Popeyes
    • Maryland's

This thread was inspired by the picture of Bojangles' Fried Chicken in another thread. This is NOT a thread to discuss the evils of eating fried food, meat, chicken or buying "fast food" - it is intended to be  :ecstatic:    :bouncing:  :ecstatic:   NOT   X(  :depressed:  :pistols: :wall:

Let's have some fun. Which is your favorite. Please keep in mind, this is for "already cooked chicken" so - saying "I prefer my own cooking" is not a valid answer/response. 

there are several brands named:

image.png.2d81dcba370a1a6b3c03cddd3f1dacbf.png image.png.621b7a33ef17fa9ab495ecec22897880.png image.png.94eb6b3e5eeb1459ed4d910e60081d5c.png image.png.88b1deb9b3bf110436ad56d765a977f0.png 

Or, you may have other brands where you live

:backflip:   Enjoy the fried chicken  :backflip: 

Edited by rocket

I saw this topic and went all ::o

Fried chicken is not really a big thing in my parts of Europe although KFC has been trying to gain a slice of the local fast food market. A few years back whenever we would travel to our foreign language assemblies held in Germany I would make sure to go to KFC! :chef: (My heart and arteries probably not thanking me for these choices...)

6ADA9887-CB08-404A-B84A-766DE0E272E2.png.68a2936d03c9f1bdc111d5bedefaa047.png

When I first saw the much-hyped Popeye's chicken sandwich, I was not impressed by the way it looked. But then I bit into it...and was hooked! Close to where we live we have hardly any fast food places and since I don't drive, I try to stop somewhere on the way back home from work.

8E9C7FBA-651D-4520-9E89-5FDACCA51B93.png.f3e9be355413c495cdae91a22a6ef2a2.png

Raising Cane's is gaining a cult following locally and while their Texas Toast and lemonade are really good, the lines are usually too long for me to bother stopping there. Although today I wish I had. Visiting my in-laws an hour plus drive from us there a Raising Cane's and a Café Rio right next to each other. While Latino foods hereabout are usually great quality, I was left bitterly disappointed and hoping I had gone to Raising Cane's instead...

8E5DAE97-D98B-4B03-A33F-C09FF42E2767.thumb.jpeg.5d7e63334d9da98653f89c6ef63aef74.jpeg

I have seen this chain's locations a few times, usually (sadly) in run-down neighborhoods, but haven't had a chance to stop by yet. As long they are cheaper than Chick-Fil-A, or at least provide double the amount of food, I am happy 🐔

• rocket featured this topic

Oh yeah, in this thread I mentioned

A1F42636-EBA1-444E-8D59-44F4D37D371E.thumb.png.301531d01a7a30590fa0ac33005099fd.png

that I visited for the first time a few weeks ago. Within 50 miles radius from us they've got a few locations with some interesting sides to the fried chicken such as pork adobo rice. Mostly they are known as a Filipino chain with international presence. They know their market as I looked it up in the jw.org meeting search and within a similar 50 mi radius we have 16-17 Tagalog congregations 😱

20 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

Come over here, my chicken is better than David's chicken😆

Hey Cheryl, that's the wrong direction for @Katty, I thought she was heading to Europe. Unless she does "a chicken stopover" and goes round the world the other way :lol:

• 11 months later...

We only have KFC here (and it’s free range chicken they use in the UK) so not much choice! Instead I make my own version which is actually baked. Don’t mock! It’s actually really really good and tastes like it’s fried:

I marinate the chicken pieces (I used boneless thighs) with buttermilk, maple syrup, and spices. I used paprika and cayenne. Salt and pepper.

then I blitz up breadcrumbs with grated Parmesan, some flour, and again spices including paprika, cumin and cayenne and pepper. 
toss the drained chicken in the coating and place carefully on greasproof covered oven dish and drizzle with olive oil and or knobs butter then baked for around 40 minutes. Super yum! 

14 minutes ago, Honeybarrel said:

We only have KFC here (and it’s free range chicken they use in the UK) so not much choice! Instead I make my own version which is actually baked. Don’t mock! It’s actually really really good and tastes like it’s fried:

I marinate the chicken pieces (I used boneless thighs) with buttermilk, maple syrup, and spices. I used paprika and cayenne. Salt and pepper.

then I blitz up breadcrumbs with grated Parmesan, some flour, and again spices including paprika, cumin and cayenne and pepper. 
toss the drained chicken in the coating and place carefully on greasproof covered oven dish and drizzle with olive oil and or knobs butter then baked for around 40 minutes. Super yum! 

Sounds good, sis.  We have KFC here but lost of small kebab and fried chicken shops.  Nothing special in any of them.