Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Articles from The Watchtower, January 2022


Recommended Posts

I found two articles in the Watchtower for January 2022 that I especially appreciated. One is an article about Jesus’s younger brother.

 

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2022241&srcid=share

 

The other an article about what we can learn from Jesus’ tears.

 

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2022244&srcid=share

 

What have you found?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Thesauron said:

 

I found two articles in the Watchtower for January 2022 that I especially appreciated. One is an article about Jesus’s younger brother.

 

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2022241&srcid=share

 

The other an article about what we can learn from Jesus’ tears.

 

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2022244&srcid=share

 

What have you found?

 

Study #1 during the great tribulation, Gog of Magog’s forces may try to assault us in our homes. But we can take comfort in knowing that Jesus and his angels are aware of what is happening and will defend us. There´s a nice art illustrating it. 

 

"In the near future, our trust in Jehovah’s ability to protect us will be put to the test. When Gog of Magog, a coalition of nations, attacks God’s people, our lives will appear to be in danger. We will need to be convinced that Jehovah can and will deliver us. (...) The nations will see us as easy targets. They will not see what we see with our eyes of faith—a host of angels camped all around God’s people, ready to defend us."

 

Study 2 helps us to become better instructors

 

Study 3 shows: "Jesus wants to resurrect your loved ones. Shortly before he wept, Jesus assured Martha: “Your brother will rise.” Martha believed Jesus. (John 11:23-27) (...) You too can be convinced that you will see your dead loved ones again. " This was given as assured and not as a hope. That´s a comfort. ❤️

 

 

 

Edited by Sofia
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Sofia said:

Study #1 during the great tribulation, Gog of Magog’s forces may try to assault us in our homes. But we can take comfort in knowing that Jesus and his angels are aware of what is happening and will defend us. There´s a nice art illustrating it. 

Where is this in the article

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Paragraph 13, subtitle from the art picture

The reminder is poignant.

“With Jehovah on our side, we have no reason to fear the days ahead. Our God will never forsake us as long as we put his interests first in our lives. To remind us of the need to prepare now for the difficult days ahead and to trust that Jehovah will never forsake us, the Governing Body has chosen Psalm 34:10 as our yeartext for 2022.”

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=E&prefer=lang&docid=2022240&par=26
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

The reminder is poignant.

“With Jehovah on our side, we have no reason to fear the days ahead. Our God will never forsake us as long as we put his interests first in our lives. To remind us of the need to prepare now for the difficult days ahead and to trust that Jehovah will never forsake us, the Governing Body has chosen Psalm 34:10 as our yeartext for 2022.”

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=E&prefer=lang&docid=2022240&par=26

The end of the end...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just looked through the magazine before coming online here.  I loved the article on James.  The picture of the angels in heaven looking down ready to pounce was amazing.  The article on Jesus' tears was lovely.  I notice that a picture shows door to door offering the new brochure so wonder if by the time we do the Memorial Campaign we will be back to door to door.  I hope so.  I so miss door to door.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought it was interesting that the first article said that we may be attacked by gog in our homes. That’s the first time I had read anything like that. I too liked that picture of the angel coming to Jesus’ aid. I’m looking forward to studying the one about Jesus’ tears.

Edited by *Jack*
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, *Jack* said:

I thought it was interesting that the first article said that we may be attacked by gog in our homes. That’s the first time I had read anything like that. I too liked that picture of the angel coming to Jesus’ aid. I’m looking forward to studying the one about Jesus’ tears.

Yes

at the pure worship book we see the angel protecting a group in plane street scenery 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, *Jack* said:

I thought it was interesting that the first article said that we may be attacked by gog in our homes. That’s the first time I had read anything like that. I too liked that picture of the angel coming to Jesus’ aid. I’m looking forward to studying the one about Jesus’ tears.

It was not a specific article, but our RC "basement drama" was all about being attacked in our homes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jimi-L said:

Why is Watchtowers named after months, example this is January 2022 when in fact (in this issue) study articles for February 28 -  April 3? 

Much of this is based on 150 years of printing.  It took many weeks and months to plan, write, prepare and print an issue of the Watchtower in 1879.  So a release date or deadline was set for each issue.  Later, about a hundred years ago when we began to study the magazine as a group, we needed to get the same issue delivered to all recipients (in the English speaking world) in time for their personal study and then the actual meeting date.  In the days of horse-drawn vehicles, the most common form of magazine delivery to individuals was the US Mail.  In rural areas it might take an extended period of time to deliver.

 

So getting it back from the printers and out to the subscribers by the first of the month was a difficult task.  If the January issue was going to be studied in January, many publishers would not have received it yet (let alone studied and prepared it).  So the January issue is studied at a later date about a couple of months further into the year.

 

At that time, we did not have simultaneous translation of the magazine.  My Korean friends were about 4 months behind.  So when they attended the Watchtower Study in English, their magazine had not even been printed yet.

 

Edited by jwhess
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, jwhess said:

At that time, we did not have simultaneous translation of the magazine.  My Korean friends were about 4 months behind.  So when they attended the Watchtower Study in English, their magazine had not even been printed yet.

 

That's true and when you look back the very old Korean articles it will not match up with English. This isn't just problem in Korea of course, other language had a similar arrangement too, so to speak, because translation was slow.

 

An interesting history trivia regarding Korean magazines (bit off topic) is that the government once banned an organisation printing two magazines at once. So our organisation was forced to only either print the Warchtower or the Awake. The solution the Branch came up was to release the Awake as an supplementary for the Watchtower magazines.

 

Ofc, this is now no longer case and such ban is now lifted, and now when something is released in English, it is also simultaneously released in other language too.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2021 at 6:11 AM, jwhess said:

It was not a specific article, but our RC "basement drama" was all about being attacked in our homes.

Indeed.  But it left unanswered if, when or how angels may have intervened. 

It did make the point that such a violation of our private property, our homes, is a real possibility.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 21.9.8 (changelog)