Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Thursday, October 1 I will keep on the lookout for Jehovah.​—Mic. 7:7.


Áine

Recommended Posts

Thursday, October 1

I will keep on the lookout for Jehovah.—Mic. 7:7.

 

We often receive theocratic direction—from our local elders, the circuit overseer, the branch office, or the Governing Body—that guides us in our worship. But what if on occasion we cannot understand the reason for the direction we receive? We may see only the negative effects that the direction could have on us. We may even begin to focus on the imperfections of the brothers who gave the direction. When we walk by faith, we trust that Jehovah is in control and that he knows our circumstances. As a result, we are quick to obey, and we do so with a positive attitude. (Heb. 13:17) We recognize that our obedience contributes to the unity of our congregation. (Eph. 4:2, 3) We trust that even though the brothers taking the lead are imperfect, Jehovah will bless our obedience. (1 Sam. 15:22) In due time, he will correct anything that truly needs to be corrected. w25.0323-24 ¶13-14

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When we read Micah 7:7 we tend to focus on the latter part most of the time, "I will show a waiting attitude," or at least I do! 

 

From verse 2-6 of Micha, we read of the moral conditions at the time, a few that bring that to light are as follows:

 

"Among men there is no one upright" 

 

"Each hunts his own brother"

 

'The prince is making demands..

The judge asks for a reward"

 

And yet.. Micah went on to say, "But as for me, I will keep on the lookout for Jehovah.. for the God of my salvation."

 

That alone is powerful, because he didn't allow Israel's bad moral conditions to taint his own attitude. Whilst the nation looked at their own selfish desires to guide their morals, Micah said, 'I'll look to Jehovah,' (Psalm 123:2) another prophet that taught by example.

 

So when I receive direction from Jehovah via his organisation, do I see Jehovah behind that- and if I don't, do I look for him? Or do I allow this worlds bad moral conditions to taint my attitude and pursue my imperfect standards of right and wrong? 

 

The following question was brought out in the Dig for Treasures - Micah video: Do I do things for people because I'm hoping for "a reward" in return? 

 

I instantly remembered something that happened a few weeks ago.. I did something out of my heart, I didn't want anyone else to find out.. but someone did, and they asked me to extend that kindness, understandably, I didn't hesitate (however, it wasn't in my plans, so if I knew, I would have adapted my initial preparations). But the person who asked, said they would reward that kindness.. they didn't, and because I hadn't initially planned for it, it tickled me the wrong way.. I was expecting a reward.. So, I had to reflect on how much the person has done, and continues to do for me, and for others. They give their all to Jehovah and to the friends. I reasoned that it doesn't hurt to overlook it.. and to be honest, I love them so much that I will always be willing to make sacrifices for them.

 

Today's text is just another reminder of how Jehovah's word keeps humbling me, so I will make sure to "keep on the lookout for Jehovah" whether that's via following directions or in my personal daily life. 


Edited by J.B
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of the most important things an elder taught me was that eventually all the JWs who are underhanded, 2-faced, or divisive eventually fall away - we don't need to stress about it. Remember, Saul's kingship was condemned, but it took many years for David to replace him. Slow from our perspective is not negligence from Jehovah's. Their hearts will be revealed just as surely as ours will as we witness small injustices and decide if we are going to abandon Jehovah because of the actions of men.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation with your brothers and sisters!


You can post now, and then we will take you to the membership application. If you are already a member, sign in now to post with your existing account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)