JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Discussion Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GrumpysWife

Friday, January 25 ~ Guard against every sort of greed.​—Luke 12:15.

Friday, January 25

Guard against every sort of greed.—Luke 12:15.

Many today are obsessed with the latest fashions, electronic gadgets, and so forth. Therefore, each Christian regularly needs to examine his own desires by asking himself such questions as: ‘Have material things become so important to me that I spend more time researching and thinking about the latest cars or fashions than I do preparing for congregation meetings? Have I become so preoccupied with the everyday affairs of life that I spend less time praying or reading the Bible?’ If we realize that our love for material things is eclipsing our love for the Christ, we should reflect on Jesus’ words found in today’s text. Jesus stated that “no one can slave for two masters.” He added: “You cannot slave for God and for Riches.” That is because both “masters” require exclusive devotion. (Matt. 6:24) As imperfect people, all of us need to keep up our fight against “the desires of our flesh,” including materialism.—Eph. 2:3. w17.05 25-26 ¶15-16