JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New Video - I Put Down My Rifle

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2840 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I enjoyed this video segment too.  Although it made me remember the stand my two older brothers faced during the U.S. draft (to Vietnam).  One brother took a stand for the Truth and was incarcerated for 18 months.  The other brother was fearful of prison and decided to join the military to fight overeas.  My brother mentioned earlier was released to the family after his incarceration; and the latter one was released to our family also -- in a body bag.

The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of wisdom.

Hi all, my first post on this forum. Just wanted to say how thrilled I am for this segment, and that I also enjoyed Cindy's experience. We are in the same congregation, and she is a dear friend of mine.

I remember, a few years back, telling her how amazing it would be if she was able to have her life story published in the Watchtower. The military is only a scratch in the surface of her life compared to everything that she has experienced. And the way she learned the truth... wow! It gives me goosebumps. I hope one day everyone will have the opportunity to read her story. It is faith strengthening to say the least.  How blessed we are that Jehovah reads hearts!

On 7/15/2016 at 1:03 PM, whitulip said:

Hi all, my first post on this forum. Just wanted to say how thrilled I am for this segment, and that I also enjoyed Cindy's experience. We are in the same congregation, and she is a dear friend of mine.

I remember, a few years back, telling her how amazing it would be if she was able to have her life story published in the Watchtower. The military is only a scratch in the surface of her life compared to everything that she has experienced. And the way she learned the truth... wow! It gives me goosebumps. I hope one day everyone will have the opportunity to read her story. It is faith strengthening to say the least.  How blessed we are that Jehovah reads hearts!

What a wonderful 'first post'.  Thank you for sharing.  :thumbsup:

Spoiler

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".