JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updated to the Fall Creator's Windows 10 and JW Library Glitch

I recently updated to the Microsoft Fall Creator's update. The JW Library study notes feature has been affected. When the library is opened, the notes display on the right as usual, however once a link to a scripture or publication is chosen, the study notes buttons cannot recall the notes to display. Also the study notes buttons used to be able to change the study notes to display on the right side equal to the notes button, but pressing the notes button does not seem to have any effect on the notes. 

1) The study notes buttons seem to be inoperative. 

2) Choosing a publication or scripture link overrides the study notes, but then choosing the study notes button again does not display the notes on the right side of the library.

I have  ThinkPad Twist S230U with an i5 processor, 500GB SSD, 4GB RAM

• 2 weeks later...

To add to this glitch, the "right click" feature for the "edit" and "delete" features of the study notes is not functioning. The computer I use has a touchscreen and a mouse pad. The long press of the touchscreen still activates the feature, but using the mouse pad and the right mouse button no longer activates that function. 

• 1 month later...

I installed the Microsoft Windows Fall Creator update on a 32 bit Dell Venue 8 Pro with a fresh Windows reset and new JW Library. Prior to the update the JWL was working exactly as offered. The notes feature is acting exactly the same way on the tablet. I have found that if I use the margin arrow above the references in the right column I can toggle the different windows for notes, scriptures and references.    

I hope they find a patch for the Fall Creator Update, the rest of the Library is getting so much better!