JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Bible, God's word or man's? PDF file

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2289 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I've been scouring the internet looking for a PDF of this book, because I gave a hard copy to a friend of my mother's. She says it is hard for her to read it, because of the small printed format. Especially at night when she wants to dedicate time to doing so.

I couldn't find it on jw.org, but maybe I wasn't looking long enough on that site. Other sites I tried to it on, sounded promising before I clicked on them, but turned out to be apostate, similar, or just dead links.

She's a very sweet person, this friend of my mother's. However I have been worried for a long time that she is pretty much my mother's closest association. The Elders of even approached me about more than once, because they feel like it takes her away from spiritual things. I think there is a chance that the truth could reach this person, because she is a good person. She's definitely a bit stuck on whether all of the Bible is actually God's word or not though. I think this book would really cause her to think about it with a more open mind, because she is a smart person.

I know in the end, she will do whatever she's going to do, but I want to give it as much of a shot as possible.

I thought about some of the creation versus Evolution stuff, especially since they have some great newer material on this, but I was hoping to find the God's word publication viewable by phone or device. I don't know if she's a hardcore Evolution person or not anyway, but she does tell my mother how the Bible was written by men etc.

I'm definitely open to suggestions on other publications as well. Especially if they are viewable on the computer or phone.