JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Lewis Grizzard- Southern Humourist

Is someone that has lived during our times that I hope to meet in the new system. He authored some of my favorite books: "Don't Bend Over in the Garden Granny, You know those Taters got Eyes". "Shoot Low, Their Riding Shetland Ponies", "Elvis is Dead and I don't Fell So Good Myself"-- He died from heart problems at a realatively young age---anyone dying under my current age is always relatively young.

Does anyone on this board know anything about him or his family? Having lived in LA it was always buzzing around over who has studied or who is kin to who--especially in the entertainment industry. I always loved finding out when people you think may not be interested that they responded favorably. Not that it is more important than anyone else but when you have heard of someone it makes it real. i.e. my pioneer sister tells me her coworker is starting to study vs telling me her neighbor that I have met is starting to study.

I just enjoy putting a face on it. We have always thought of Bible accounts we would like to asj questions of but what about others? Would like to ask Marilyn Monroe : suicide or murder? Jimmy Hendrix--why with so much talent did you waste your life like that? Where does the other sock go in the dryer? All the questions soon to have answers!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

• 4 years later...

Hi, Leslie...I'm new to JWtalk and was looking at older topics and came across this one. Decided to respond for 2 reasons: 1) I also enjoyed Lewis Grizzard's writings. I mostly saw articles in his syndicated column years ago. He could really turn a phrase. 2) You and I share the same last name plus I noticed your mention of having lived in Louisiana...since that's where I'm from, too, it led to my wondering if you're a Dean by marriage or by birth? Our Dean clan has been in Claiborne Parish for 5 generations, having come here in the late 1800s.

Wait a minute: rereading your post, maybe you wrote LA for Los Angeles...hmmm, this may be a "never-mind" response if you did not live in Louisiana. If so, my apology for any misunderstanding on my part.........:confused: