JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Wednesday, October 10 Keep ready, because at an hour that you do not think likely, the Son of man is coming.​—Luke 12:40.

Wednesday, October 10

Keep ready, because at an hour that you do not think likely, the Son of man is coming.—Luke 12:40.

Shortly before his death, Jesus three times warned his disciples about “the ruler of this world.” (John 12:31; 14:30; 16:11) Jesus knew that the Devil would keep people in darkness mentally in order to undermine the sense of urgency that permeates God’s prophecies about the future. (Zeph. 1:14) Satan blinds people’s minds through the world empire of false religion. What have you detected in your conversations with others? Has the Devil not already “blinded the minds of the unbelievers” about the coming end of this system of things and the fact that Christ is now ruling God’s Kingdom? (2 Cor. 4:3-6) For the most part, people are apathetic when we try to tell them where this world is headed. Do not let the apathy of others discourage or dissuade you from keeping on the watch. You know better. w16.07 2:11, 12

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

This is one of my favourite scriptures because it describes exactly how I feel at times... I wonder why can't they see it? How can they read the same scriptures that I do and yet not see it? They see the same world conditions etc...

This scripture sums it up perfectly,  and in effect shows that we don't blame ourselves for ineffective witnessing... rather the blame lies fairly and squarely with Satan.  

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

My take away after reading this sentence " Do not let the apathy of others discourage or dissuade you from keeping on the watch. You know better. " You know better! It maybe Family or the householders which may discourage us but ' You know better', seems frank and straight to the point. I needed to read this!