JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"63 and still got it goin' on"

We had a great day in service yesterday. The weather was warm and sunny--64 degrees and it is winter! We actually got to share scriptures with people at the door and not one of them said "Today's a holiday--don't bother me". My sister is 63 years young and looks great---not great for her age but great. She had on a dress that had a full skirt to it--skirt was appropriate in length--a couple of inches below hers knees.

We were cruising down the street and the next house was her call/rotation. The homeowners had just pulled into their garage and were unloading groceries from the trunk of their call. Meanwhile Margie got out of the car and as she was walking up their driveway a huge gust of wind came up out of nowhere and blew her dress above her head. At the same time the husband stared whistling at his dog to call his dog back and Margie was fighting the wind and going in circles to get her dress down. She thought that the man was whistleing at her perdicament and she turned around and came back to the car without speaking to the homeowner. Everyone was stifeling their laughter and all was quiet then the young brother driving says guietly "63 years old and still got it goin' on" then everyone had a good laugh. Even Margie.

It reminded us of a time when an older sister (late 70's) was riding in the front with a young brother and when we reached our territory he got out of the car and came around to assist our dear sister out of his low slung car. He opened her door and reached in for her hand and she siad "I can do it, thank you." He kept insisting that he wanted to "help" her out. Finally she said "If you help me out then you will have to marry me" He said "what?" and she said "I'm going to take your picture if you help me out" He started laughing and said "OK. I understand your hesistance now----you don't grow up with three sisters and not know what that means".

I love how the friends can feel relaxed and tease with each other no matter what our ages!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!