JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sunday, November 24 ~ Where your treasure is, there your hearts will be also.​—Luke 12:34.

Sunday, November 24

Where your treasure is, there your hearts will be also.—Luke 12:34.

Jehovah is the wealthiest Person in the universe. (1 Chron. 29:11, 12) As a generous Father, he openhandedly shares his spiritual riches with all who discern their excelling value. How grateful we are that Jehovah has given us spiritual treasures, which include (1) God’s Kingdom, (2) our lifesaving ministry, and (3) the precious truths found in his Word! If we are not careful, though, we could lose appreciation for these treasures and, in effect, throw them away. To hold on to them, we must use them well and constantly renew our love for them. Granted, many of us have made life-transforming changes to become subjects of God’s Kingdom. (Rom. 12:2) Even so, our work is not finished. We must remain alert to things that actively compete for our affection, including the desire for material things and any immoral sexual desires.—Prov. 4:23; Matt. 5:27-29. w17.06 9 ¶1; 10 ¶7

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

One can have a treasure they hold onto but if we just hide it away then it is of no particular use.  If we share that treasure with others, then what blessings often come with it.  I am so appreciative that Jehovah shared those treasures with my wife and myself and we certainly have had many blessings that went along with the sharing.

Instead of groping around in the dark, back in our worldly days, looking for truth, he actually revealed The Kingdom to us, gave us a ministry that enables us to share the Truth with others and of course his valuable word contained in the Bible.  I have read many manuals for the various things I've purchased in life and they have been helpful and was thankful the person who done so, but to have the manual for life, that's been the great treasure of all.

Thank you Jehovah.

Bro Merv Webster.