JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jehovah's endearing qualities

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1529 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I wanted to start a thread on what qualities of Jehovah draw us to love Him and invite you all to join me/us in sharing some examples that are dear to your heart - not just the qualities, but also in getting to know Jehovah (John 17:3; 1 John 4:8) through Bible reading, and in real life experiences as we meet together to incite to love and fine works (Hebrews 10:24 -   see NWSTY study notes) - or in any other way.  The NWSTY study notes are here:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/b/r1/lp-e/nwtsty/58/10#study=discover&v=58:10:24

In our Watchtower Bible study Sunday we considered helping Bible students to progress towards baptism by helping them grow in love for Jehovah - from paragraph 8:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2020240

"As you conduct the study, then, emphasize Jehovah’s appealing qualities. Help your students to understand that our loving God wants them to gain everlasting life, and he is ready to help them to achieve that goal."

To me Jehovah's love is the most endearing quality that moves me to love Jehovah with all my heart (Matthew 22:37-40; Mark 12:29,30).  Thank Jehovah, I was called on and gave a comment on Jehovah being love and not cruel (somewhere in the article, can't find it now).   I mentioned how many in Christendom are taught God is cruel, teaching them God eternal torments people.  In contrast we have found from our study of Scripture that this is a false doctrine painting God as cruel.

Oh, and so much more - but I will stop there and wait for you all to share some of the things that draw you closer to Jehovah!