JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

February 2020 study edition

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1528 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The study article "Let Jehovah Soothe you" is very encouraging if you have anxiety or depression - here:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2020286

"The apostle Paul had strong faith, but he was overwhelmed with “anxiety for all the congregations.” (2 Cor. 11:28) King David had such strong faith that Jehovah developed a special fondness for him. (Acts 13:22) Even so, David made mistakes that caused him to suffer bouts of crushing anxiety. (Ps. 38:4) Jehovah comforted and soothed each one of them. Let us examine what we can learn from their examples."

When I was disciplined and could not comment - at one meeting I looked up the wrong verse - in the 38th Psalm - the song of a suffering repentant one.   I couldn't believe my eyes - it was exactly how I felt (Psalms 38:2-11)  What a comfort to me - David felt the same way I did - his words exactly matched my situation (I did not commit adultery).    Yet David was forgiven!   I had already been forgiven by the one I sinned against - eventually my prayers were answered and we became best friends.

I still feel Jehovah had a hand in my turning to the 38th Psalm - that this was comfort for me from Jehovah!

WHAT WE LEARN FROM KING DAVID

Collage: 1. King David smiling and at peace. 2. A young brother crying and deeply pained. 3. The same young brother receiving counsel from two elders. 4. The young brother working happily in the field ministry with one of the elders.

"As in the case of King David, what can help us if we make a serious mistake? (See paragraphs 16-19)"