JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A little story that was emailed to me. Thought some of you may enjoy it also.

The cookies

A young lady was waiting for her flight in the boarding room of a big airport. She knew she would have to wait several hours before her flight, so to pass the time she bought herself a book to read, and a packet of cookies to munch on. She sat down in an armchair in the VIP room of the airport to read and enjoy her cookies in peace.

Beside the armchair where the packet of cookies laid, a man sat down in the seat next to her, opened his magazine and began reading. She was annoyed that her peace had been interrupted, but decided to ignored him. She took out the first cookie, then went back to reading her book. The man took a cookie also. She was irritated, but said nothing. She took out another cookie. The man did the same. For each cookie she took the man took one also. Now she was infuriated, but did not want to cause a scene.

Only one cookie remained. She thought to herself, "well, what is this abusive man going to do now?" Just then, the man took the last cookie, divided it into half, giving her one, while taking the other half for himself. Ah, that was too much! She quickly grabbed her book and other belongings, and stormed to the boarding place.

Once seated inside the plane, she again decided to pass the time by reading, hoping that would calm her down. Realizing she must have left her reading glasses in the VIP room, she opened her purse to retrieve her spare pair. To her surprise there was her packet of cookies; untouched, unopened. She felt so ashamed. The man had willingly shared his cookies with her, doing so with no bitterness, or anger, while she had been angry, no infuriated, just 'thinking' that she was dividing her cookies with him. And now there was no chance to explain - no chance to apologize.

Some things can not be recover - like the stone after the throw, the word after it's said.

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

No I didn't see that coming either. Very good

That's lovely. I was wondering what she was going to say and mulling over what I would do. I didn't see that coming!

The only place you can find perfection , is in the dictionary.