JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Moving where the need is great

Is there anyone presently serving where the need is great?

I will like to know what kind of jobs you do there sustain yourself.

I’m considering moving where the need great but I’m concerned about getting a job to sustain myself.

I presently work as a personal assistant, and I know it would be difficult to get a job like that in a remote territory.

And so far, my effort to get a remote job or even a paid internship has not been fruitful.

Please I’d appreciate any suggestions, recommendations or advice.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rachel, it's an exciting opportunity and adventure to serve where the need is greater. Jehovah will provide what you need for your willingness to do more for him. Pray to him and ask him for guidance and let me know your worries and concerns.

There are resources from those who serve where the need is greater that might help you. I'm in the process of moving to serve where the need is greater and they have helped a great deal.

This is a beautiful article of sisters who are doing just that! Infact if you can, read all the article series in "They offered themselves willingly." There are many encouraging spiritual gems in there.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2017241?q=need+is+greater&p=par

Also take a look at some blogs by brothers and sisters of under this(Skyward Path is a good one):

Zach and Robyn also have some good links to find remote jobs( not sure if it's okay to link this here) and practical advice on serving in a foreign country.

(Ignore the duplicate link above, couldn't remove it on phone)

http://zachnrobynn.blogspot.com/p/supporting-yourself-as-need-greater.html?m=1

If you don't mind me asking, are you planning to serve in your country or outside? Do you already know where to serve? The elders in that area will also be a great source of help.

If you don't mind me asking, are you planning to serve in your country or outside? Do you already know where to serve? The elders in that area will also be a great source of help.

I'm considering serving in my country, and I have a territory in mind.
I've spoken with an Elder in that congregation and he said the only challenge there is getting a job.