JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Balancing Spirituality & Career: Share Your Journey

As I currently search for job opportunities that resonate with my spiritual aspirations, I believe this topic will be invaluable in gathering great tips and experiences from all of you. Let's come together and discuss how we can find fulfilling careers that align with our spiritual values. Your insights can make a world of difference in this transformative journey!

35 minutes ago, Joie said:

As I currently search for job opportunities that resonate with my spiritual aspirations, I believe this topic will be invaluable in gathering great tips and experiences from all of you. Let's come together and discuss how we can find fulfilling careers that align with our spiritual values. Your insights can make a world of difference in this transformative journey!

Great thread. I'm in the same situation as well. The help of those who have lived it would be very important, so, those who are already experienced in life, don't be shy, share it with us.>:D<

(Be careful! The above comment came from a suspicious source, a 20 year old. There's a risk that he is being: Idiot, reckless or stupid)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2023 at 7:05 PM, Joie said:

Why don't you share some of your own thoughts on this topic? That would help get the conversation going. :)

I have always worked in the public sector, in arts, cultural, education and community settings. These are not lucrative fields but they align with my personal interests and skills and allow me to support myself and my daughter and pay for expenses I have due to having chronic medical conditions. Because I have ADHD, I have to be able to do work that is stimulating enough/motivating to me and plays to my strengths. (I've worked a lot of jobs that were *not* interesting or motivating to me, so I know this from experience...)

My work has allowed me a lot of autonomy and some flexibility for meetings and other spiritual responsibilities. There are times I have been able to work part-time, but this was only when I was in a two-income household or on partial medical leave. I rarely meet other witnesses who work in these fields. My work has given me a "seldom-reached" territory and allowed me to informal witness to quite a lot of people who would not be receptive in a door-to-door setting. An elder in my current congregation did somewhat similar work his whole career and his input has been a real blessing to me.

The tough thing is that my work requires a ton of mental and emotional energy and it's hard to "leave it at work." I want to aux pioneer and/or do LDC and am praying to find a way to work fewer or part-time hours and spend less mental energy on work.

Your journey in the public sector, shaped by your personal interests and skills, is truly commendable. Your ability to balance meaningful work while supporting your family and dealing with chronic medical conditions is inspiring. It's great that your work has allowed you to engage with a rarely-reached audience and witness informally. You know, finding a balance between your demanding work and spiritual aspirations is a challenge I can understand, especially when it comes to aux pioneering and contributing to LDC work.

Your commitment is admirable, and I'm confident that with your determination and prayers, you'll find the path that brings more balance and fulfillment to both aspects of your life.

To be honest, I don't know how to use this platform but I want to start a topic so yes. 

As for me, as a virtual assistant specializing in social media management, websites, and administrative tasks, I've been fortunate to work with one full-time client. However, I'm currently in search of a client who shares my faith as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. This shared understanding could help harmonize our schedules, as I aspire to return to being a regular pioneer. Balancing the responsibilities of being the family breadwinner, especially with my aging father's limited ability to provide, has been a challenge. I'm keen on finding a way to harmonize these pressures with my personal goals.

So, I'm trying to understand from other brothers' perspectives how they manage to navigate their needs and find balance in everything.