JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Saturday, November 4 God . . . energizes you, giving you both the desire and the power to act.​—Phil. 2:13.

Saturday, November 4

God . . . energizes you, giving you both the desire and the power to act.—Phil. 2:13.

We take seriously our commission to teach even though we face challenges that may keep us from doing as much as we would like to do in making disciples. We may feel limited by our circumstances. For example, some publishers are older or have poor health. Does that describe your situation? If it does, remember we have discovered that we can conduct effective Bible studies electronically! So you may be able to start and conduct a study from the comfort of your own home. And there is another advantage. Some would enjoy studying the Bible, but they are not available during the times our brothers usually set aside for preaching. However, they may be available early in the morning or late at night. Might you be able to make yourself available to fill that need? Jesus taught Nicodemus at night, which was a time that Nicodemus preferred.—John 3:1, 2. w21.07 5 ¶10-11

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

26 minutes ago, Anniebea said:

Saturday, November 4

God . . . energizes you, giving you both the desire and the power to act.—Phil. 2:13.

We take seriously our commission to teach even though we face challenges that may keep us from doing as much as we would like to do in making disciples. We may feel limited by our circumstances. For example, some publishers are older or have poor health. Does that describe your situation? If it does, remember we have discovered that we can conduct effective Bible studies electronically! So you may be able to start and conduct a study from the comfort of your own home. And there is another advantage. Some would enjoy studying the Bible, but they are not available during the times our brothers usually set aside for preaching. However, they may be available early in the morning or late at night. Might you be able to make yourself available to fill that need? Jesus taught Nicodemus at night, which was a time that Nicodemus preferred.—John 3:1, 2w21.07 5 ¶10-11

It gives us a reminder again to find people at times, that may be inconvenient for us. But the love for people can help us to move past that and see the results.

In my old congregation where I grew up, we went in service at 19:00 on Wednesday evening, and after 90 minutes we went for a swim in the swimming pool at the aquatic centre. Often people in my old town used to eat around 18:30, so they often would be ready when we knocked on their doors. Not many were interested, but we often found almost everyone at home. We had some good experiences then.

Afterwards we enjoyed a good swim and playing with a ball or so. Good memories.

jworg1.jpg.fbee44f18d05bd7fd5a2c3c8110f64c6.jpg  "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."—Ps. 56:3