JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sunday, January 14 Jehovah watches.​—Ps. 33:18.

Sunday, January 14

Jehovah watches.—Ps. 33:18.

Although we are part of a large family of worshippers, we may occasionally feel alone and may struggle with negative emotions, thinking that we have to deal with these feelings on our own. Jehovah never wants us to feel that way. Consider how he dealt with the prophet Elijah. Jehovah encouraged Elijah to talk. Twice He asked Elijah: “What are you doing here?” (1 Ki. 19:9, 13) Each time, Jehovah listened as Elijah poured out his heart. He also assured Elijah that he had many fellow worshippers. (1 Ki. 19:11, 12, 18) No doubt, Elijah felt relieved after pouring out his heart to Jehovah and hearing His response. Jehovah gave Elijah several important assignments. He asked him to anoint Hazael as king over Syria, Jehu as king over Israel, and Elisha as prophet. (1 Ki. 19:15, 16) By giving Elijah these assignments, Jehovah helped him to focus on positive things. God also provided him with a close companion, Elisha. w22.08 8 ¶3; 9 ¶5

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

I just wanted to say...thank you so much my dear sister for bringing our day's text to our attention, day after day. I apologize for not commenting most days...but I just wanted you to know that your contribution doesn't go unnoticed...and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to remind us of the spiritual food that Jehovah has chosen to give us on a daily basis.

Most of us try to see and do things beyond our station...but you remind us daily that Jehovah is feeding us slowly but surely...if we but take the time and effort to pay attention.

So thank you, and please continue to help us see our relative place in Jehovah's organization...because all of us need to understand what Jehovah is trying to tell us on a daily basis!

That’s so kind of you for taking the time to post,… I really appreciate your words and please don’t worry about commentating, I rarely comment either I just absorb the spiritual food daily.

There are days when I think how did Jehovah know that I needed to read that today 🥰

Your words mean so much, thank you 🙏

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.