JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Not sure if this meets your question but an experience going back to February last year. A young Indian man, around 22 years old came to our meeting with a friend. They sat together and no-one had spoken more than a greeting to them from the time of their arrival. After the meeting I went over and spoke to them both. They had come over to attend university and the one I spoke to had been brought up as a child of a Witness mother. In the discussion it turned out that he had not associated for some time, because he had had anger management issues.

I asked him 'do you want to get back to meetings', he said he did, and that he had recently restarted a bible study before coming to England. I asked 'are you continuing your study with a brother back in your home town' he said that was what he expected to do. I asked him 'would you like to continue your study here, with me'? he said that would be really very good. We set up an arrangement straight away. Now we have just finished the ELF bible course and he has become an unbaptised publisher.

It's really great to be able to help someone. Also worth asking how we can help.

18 minutes ago, Mike047 said:

Not sure if this meets your question but an experience going back to February last year. A young Indian man, around 22 years old came to our meeting with a friend. They sat together and no-one had spoken more than a greeting to them from the time of their arrival. After the meeting I went over and spoke to them both. They had come over to attend university and the one I spoke to had been brought up as a child of a Witness mother. In the discussion it turned out that he had not associated for some time, because he had had anger management issues.

I asked him 'do you want to get back to meetings', he said he did, and that he had recently restarted a bible study before coming to England. I asked 'are you continuing your study with a brother back in your home town' he said that was what he expected to do. I asked him 'would you like to continue your study here, with me'? he said that would be really very good. We set up an arrangement straight away. Now we have just finished the ELF bible course and he has become an unbaptised publisher.

It's really great to be able to help someone. Also worth asking how we can help.

that's really encouraging bro, a small act in asking leading upto unbaptised publisher👏👏👏

the most encouraging thing to me is the way our organisation is operating under this pressure and still growing every year. the more satan tries to supress us the more we grow. one of my friend quit associating due to personal problems and after 14yrs he came back during the campaign to bring back all the in active ones in October 2022. now again he progressed to the point of auxiliary pioneering.. 

We had someone come up to the litcart in town, and was warmly greeted by the sisters who were on their shift at the time. He said that he was disfellowshipped, and was wanting to come back, but was unsure what to do. Being away from home, the sisters gave him a copy of the brochure 'Return to Jehovah', and advised him to contact the brothers in his local area. 

It is perhaps the only avenue of service where such a situation would happen. Our sisters checked, after their shift had finished, with the local elders and the brothers thanked them for conducting themselves in a dignified way, by simply handing him a brochure with a word on what to do.

Cart witnessing can lead to all sorts of blessings, helping others to return. 

Before Covid I had a regular RV that used to come up to the carts, at 1st he was quite opposed because he thought God was to blame for a car accident he was in as a child. Long story short, when we started the carts back in June 2022, him and his wife were the 1st people to come up to say they’d missed us. His wife asked for a study there and then and after a week or 2 he wanted to join the study. He loved it so I handed him over to another pioneer bro in our cong and he has progressed sooo much since then despite his learning difficulties and at our meeting on Wednesday he read a scripture at the meeting. I was so proud! He’s come so far since the 1st time we met. 

Since he has trouble reading because of a brain injury in preparation for reading the scripture in the meeting he asked his taxi driver that morning to read the scripture to him so he knew if he’d been reading it right. Gave a really good witness to him. 

He is so excited to keep learning and can’t wait to get baptised. Just goes to show how Jehovah sees beyond the surface and knows their potential😊

The encouraging words I heard was from a CO about 8 years ago he met me at the conversation and said to me You see all the brothers and sisters coming on the platform are glowing and I said yes . He said exactly when you take your time and give your best to JEHOVAH in your youth . You will also be beautiful and glowing just like them and one day we will see you on a convention platform. I was a kid then but I kept this words in my heart and actually help me to do more 

8 hours ago, Fauzia said:

The encouraging words I heard was from a CO about 8 years ago he met me at the conversation and said to me You see all the brothers and sisters coming on the platform are glowing and I said yes . He said exactly when you take your time and give your best to JEHOVAH in your youth . You will also be beautiful and glowing just like them and one day we will see you on a convention platform. I was a kid then but I kept this words in my heart and actually help me to do more 

before coming on the platform the get a make-up touch-up🤭