JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Thursday, March 7 Make sure of the more important things.​—Phil. 1:10.

Thursday, March 7

Make sure of the more important things.—Phil. 1:10.

Jehovah instructed the ancient Israelites to teach their children about him regularly. (Deut. 6:6, 7) Those parents had many opportunities throughout the day to talk with their children and instill love for Jehovah in their heart. For instance, a young Israelite boy might spend hours helping his father plant the crops or bring in the harvest. His sister might spend much of the day helping her mother with sewing, weaving, and other household chores. As parents and children worked together, they could talk about many important topics. For example, they could discuss Jehovah’s quality of goodness and consider how he was helping the family. In many lands, parents and children cannot spend time together throughout the day. The parents may be at work, and the children may be in school. As a result, parents must look for occasions when they can talk with their children.—Eph. 5:15, 16. w22.05 28 ¶10-11

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

The passing on of knowledge is not enough.  Proverbs 3:1. To reach the heart it must be from the heart. Jesus, our ultimate example, is all this, and All Love. His every encounter shows it perfectly. We work hard, imperfectly, to do the same. 1 Peter 2:21. Visable to our children, our neighbors, & our God. EXAMPLES!

The Bible is what very few want to hear but it's the message that everyone is looking for (Prov. 1:20-23 & 3:5,6).

Todays daily text reminded me of how Ive often thought of teaching some in the resurrection.  There will obviously be  schoolroom teaching ( reading, writing, math,) but just answers to questions. I figure we will work and teach. 

For instance, cleanup doesn't take a lot of brainpower. Ok 1700s dude , lets go pick up the rubble from this fallen down house mess and stack the boards neatly for someone to use. And whilst we are working...ask me questions! 

I like to learn while doing something else. Give me a room with florescent lights and my brains shuts down ! Lol

Now buildback gets more tricky. 1700s dude asks me to explain Daniels prophecy...ummm sooooo Im trying to get this foundation square and yeah. 

Lets talk bout that at lunch! 

Okay now im rambling. 

Point is. I like to work and learn and daily text kinda was in line with that. 😅